.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, May 01, 2006

Another Reason I Love This Country

You can blog, blind!

Check out word verification: you'll see Blogger's latest upgrade.

Next to your word verification alphabet soup (which I'm convinced is not random at all, but rather a product of a sick, twisted mind -- you know who you are), you'll see the universal sign for:

Handicapped folk.



If you hover your mouse over it, it says:

"Listen and type the word verification"

Dude, that's so awesome.

Where else but in America, would a blog service think of making blind bloggers feel they too, can put the pox on the spammers?

P.S.: Despite my flippant tone, I actually find this new service, fantastic.

One of my favourite heroines, is Helen Keller. Yeah, there are a lot of great jokes about her, and I know a lot, boy!

How did Helen Keller's parents punish her? They re-arranged the furniture.

But to think that today, Helen Keller would be blogging, is enough to make me smile.

You go, blind bloggers!

3 Comments:

  • The Miracle Worker, is a favorite movie.
    Thanks for pointing that out, I saw the symbol, wondered what it was and moved on. Leave it to you to investigate.

    By Blogger Paul, at Mon May 01, 09:37:00 pm GMT-4  

  • The Miracle Worker, is a favorite movie.

    Me too! But not the one with Patty Duke as Helen, but the one where Patty plays Ann Sullivan, and Melissa Gilbert plays Helen Keller.

    "Waaaate-rrrr!"

    Thanks for pointing that out, I saw the symbol, wondered what it was and moved on. Leave it to you to investigate.

    Well, I was curious. But curiosity killed the cat. ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon May 01, 11:54:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Didn't she also have hearing problems? I think that would've made the "listen and type" verification a bit of a problem. Hey, maybe they can figure out how to interface a Braille "outputter" (to Braille-out what's on-screen) with Blogger. Still, though, I can also imagine Helen Keller blogging.

    I have to confess, too, that every time Helen Keller is mentioned I think of the South Park episode in which the kids did a version of The Miracle Worker as a musical, complete with a trained turkey.

    By Blogger Bob, at Tue May 02, 09:23:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.