.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Picasa??

My absence yesterday can be attributed to many things, amongst them, a party my mother will be giving this Palm Sunday for her church biddies, I mean! friends, which falls to me to plan -- but a part of it did have to do with this horrible message.

When trying to upload my latest photos unto my Blogger account, there was a new message.





What!?? When I checked for more information, I read this:

"How can I get more storage for my images?

Images and photos that are uploaded through Blogger get stored in your Picasa Web Albums, which are part of your Google Account. The number of images you can upload is therefore dependent on the amount of space you are using on Picasa Web Albums. To find out how much space you have available, please see these instructions."

Well, this is a rum state-of-affairs, I must say.

How about my travellogues??

My endless South Florida Snapshots, which by virtue of my new digital camera, I had taken so much pleasure in showing you??

Will I have to have a PayPal account, to beg for errant alms from my readers, to pay for my new storage??

I'm sad. Very sad. Stupid Blogger.com.

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Well, if that image is accurate, you are only using 3% of your available space. There are size limits of 10 megabytes for image sizes in Picasa. There may also be a daily upload limit (possibly 10 megabytes).

    Barring that, I'd guess it's just some random error. Picasa and Blogger used to be separate, but they recently switched over to sharing, so who knows what happened.

    I checked Blogger Status and it says that there were some photo problems a few weeks ago, but it's supposed to be fixed now.

    By Blogger Alcibiades, at Fri Mar 30, 02:33:00 am GMT-4  

  • You might also try opening a free account with webshots.com, or photobucket.com.

    I keep looking for free image storage sites, and I keep finding them, too!

    By Blogger benning, at Fri Mar 30, 04:33:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Well, if that image is accurate, you are only using 3% of your available space. There are size limits of 10 megabytes for image sizes in Picasa. There may also be a daily upload limit (possibly 10 megabytes).

    Yeah, womanlike, I am perhaps overreacting.

    In fact, I have oodles of space. I am thinking of a blog like Althouse's though -- remember that it took her blog over 3/4 hours to make the Big Switch??

    She must have TONNES of photos.

    Even with my travellogues and stuff, it's not nearly that much.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Mar 31, 12:54:00 am GMT-4  

  • You might also try opening a free account with webshots.com, or photobucket.com.

    I keep looking for free image storage sites, and I keep finding them, too!


    Thanks, Benning, that sounds like a great idea!

    What is your opinion of Flickr?

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Mar 31, 12:54:00 am GMT-4  

  • I have yet to blog from Flickr! so I don't know. But some bloggers I frequent use it and they seem to like it. I, on the other hand, do like to post some big pics, and Flickr may resize them like the new blogger does. A pox on that!

    By Blogger benning, at Wed Apr 04, 12:34:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.