.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Thursday, September 04, 2008


Governor Sarah Palin of Alaska showed up a few moments after a spit-and-tar speech by ex-Mayor Rudolph Giuliani. Because the realities between them are so stark; he, Italian-American celebrity politician from the most important city in the world; she, a hockey mom ex-mayor from Wasilla, Alaska, you might be forgiven to think that they would give very different speeches.

They did.

But it might surprise you to know, if you were one of the few in America last night not watching it, that it was she who came out to fight in the mean streets of American politics (Giuliani was merely content to warm up the gang, which he did magnificently).

I have many more thoughts to follow, but after having watched her performance now a total of three times, I'll give my tired brain and body a rest until tomorrow.

For your viewing pleasure until then:

(Via Sister Toldjah)

Remind me, Senator Obama, and members of the established media never to play dodgeball with the Governor. Ouchies.

She might've been, in the dismissive words of Rachel Maddow of MSNBC this weekend, a "Now we know what kind of woman John McCain likes, a Beauty Queen", but one thing is for sure. She isn't Miss Congeniality.

The lady was superb.

UPDATE: Two quick, but great comments about the speech.

Lorie Byrd said she read a commenter suggest Biden bring a cup. HEH. And From O Globo, a commenter called William Gates said (in Portuguese):

What's the difference between a pitbull and a hockey mom? A hockey mom bites.

Labels: , ,


  • I linked to you. And I await your full analysis!

    By Blogger benning, at Thu Sep 04, 08:56:00 am GMT-4  

  • I'd like to amend a comment I made a couple of months ago when we were speculating about a possible VEEP for McCain. I said at the time that I was in favor of Palin but I didn't want to "waste" Bobby Jindal as a potential Presidential candidate and have him have to deal with the "McCain stain". I thought Palin would make a great VP but might not be White House material. After the last 6 days, I think we saw the first female POTUS last night.

    By Blogger birdie bob, at Thu Sep 04, 12:14:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Actually I heard somewhere she was voted Miss Congeniality in both the Miss Wasilla and Miss Alaska pageants. As likable as she is (a natural politician) I can believe it, but... I think I heard it in some press report and you can't believe anything they say and it could have been just a snarky remark.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Sep 06, 04:06:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.