.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, October 06, 2008

Hunting Sarah Palin

Perhaps JSU can pop there to report about it first-hand but in Brooklyn's Waterfront Artists Coalition an artist offers up this art installation of Governor Palin, daughter Piper, and their freshly killed caribou as a backdrop for tourists to pose against.

These types of murals or cutesy backdrops are to be found anywhere where tourists flock.

I have one of my parents, and me inside an old-fashioned barrel "going over" Niagara Falls. My father has a goofy-scardeycat look of horror on his face in that photo, as my mother and I mug like frightened silent movie actresses with mouths agape and hands in prayerful clasp.

I laugh just thinking of it.

Obviously, like our Canadian romp, these murals are all in good, honest-to-goodness fun: this lady is certainly treating posing with a rifle above Palin mére et fille, and poor booboo caribou as such.

It's a riot!



But this man. Well, let's just say, if I didn't have a vestige of a sense of humour left, I'd go to the Secret Service with this photo.



Exit Question: Can anyone imagine the world of trouble this man would be in, if the backdrop had been of Senator Barack Obama and he were pretend-shooting at his head?

Actually, that's not really an exit question. We all know the answer, and in any case, that artwork would never be "installed".

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • These people need therapy, including the "artist"

    By Blogger ElcubanitoKC, at Mon Oct 06, 08:48:00 am GMT-4  

  • I'll give the artist this, though, Ernie.

    She does have a sense for what makes Palin so fascinating to people, including her daughter, who is the most like her mother of all the 5 kids.

    Clearly, there is something threatening about a self-sufficient Frontierswoman. She's the butchest candidate I've ever seen.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Oct 06, 09:06:00 am GMT-4  

  • Butchest since Teddy Roosevelt, I'd wager. Though, JFK does come pretty close. He owned (at least) an M1 Garand, but I don't know if he ever hunted with it...

    By Anonymous alcibiades, at Mon Oct 06, 02:18:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.