.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

"Dr. Strangelove" Or How I Stopped Worrying My Liking Of Palin Was Too Effusive (It's Not Compared To This, Wait 'Til You See It)

Someone explained the phenomenon of "fanfic" to me once.

Enthusiastic fans of a particular show would invent their own stories, whilst the more artistically able of them would even draw their favourite characters in, shall we say, "original poses", sending them on to the actor or actress represented in the picture.

(I remember a friend of mine, who was a big fan of Stargate, or Star Trek or something, telling me about the supposed-ta-be erotic paintings he saw involing Kate Mulgrew and Jeri Ryan. Pass...)

But this, my dear Sundries readers, is on an entirely different dimension altogether. Dan Lacey, the chap whose painting of Palin with three pancakes on her head I once linked to, is at it again.

Here is our President having some kind of relations with an unicorn who has a really messed up hind hoof thingie going on, not to mention, those piercing bedroom eyes.

Strewth! That unicorn is spreading Coppertone on The Prez' back!

...what can one say, eh?

(Check out the coconut with crazy straw. And hey, is that supposedly a pool raft??)

Labels: , , ,


  • Kate Mulgrew/Jeri Ryan would be Star Trek Voyager and the scenario you're describing would be a particular sub-genre of fanfic called "Slash" (as in "Capt. Janeway slash Seven of Nine"). The first I ever heard of it was in the movie "Trekkies" where women writers were discussing Kirk/Spock fanfic. The way they explained it was they wanted to read about those characters in sexual scenarios but they didn't want to picture them with other women (a jealousy thing), so you get the gay element.

    Obama/Unicorn is even more bizarre, but it may explain why Obama seems to think he's got rainbows coming out of his ass.


    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Feb 04, 08:17:00 am GMT-5  

  • I'm anxiously awaiting your take on Ashley Judd's peta-esque whine against Sarah Palin. I recall Mama Naomi Judd singing or introducing Palin at a rally [could be wrong about that] and I'm wondering if there's some quasi-sibling rivalry going on with Mrs. Franzetti against her Mama's political daughter...a conservative with perfectly-lined lips.

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Wed Feb 04, 08:55:00 am GMT-5  

  • It behooves him to protect his backside.

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Wed Feb 04, 11:08:00 am GMT-5  

  • Hey, since we gots Unicorns we can now have a Rainbow Coalition!

    What's that? Taken? Rats!

    Besides buttering up like is the Miami Way; the Chicago Way would be more a Clydesdale in the snow getting your paramour tanked on Linenkugels!

    By Blogger Ron, at Wed Feb 04, 05:45:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Aren't Linenkugels something only girls do?

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Wed Feb 04, 06:22:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Clydesdale? You're thinking St. Louis. Chicago would be more longhorn. You know, "meat-packing" and all of that.

    By Anonymous Starless, at Wed Feb 04, 06:28:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Oh Chickenlittle...you crack me up.....

    Linenkugels? or it is Lienekugels or Liene's?

    GREAT WI Beer

    As to me....I prefer all versions of Liene's....with my favorite being the Winter Seasonal Fireside Nut Brown.....

    And...I believe that it's kegels....not to be confused with bagels...

    *still laughin' here in WI*

    Peggy DaValt

    By Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt, at Wed Feb 04, 06:35:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Peggy, I'm actually very familiar with Leinenkugel, I was just reaching for a laugh there. I've even been to the Chippewa Falls brewery, ages ago. I'm glad to see they're still independent and thriving. Beer always does well in a recession. I was born in the town of Monroe, home of Huber beer, but I didn't grow up there.

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Wed Feb 04, 07:14:00 pm GMT-5  

  • It behooves him to protect his backside.

    LOL! That's a pun worthy of Ruth Anne.

    By Blogger knox, at Thu Feb 05, 08:39:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.