.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, August 01, 2005

Current TV is not Yesterday's News

Former US Vice-President Al Gore is launching Current TV today, available immediately in 20 million households.

When asked what he hoped Current TV would be, he replied, "we want to be the television home page for the Internet generation".

The television homepage for the Internet generation.

I bet you that took 187 think tank hours, 29 power lunches, and 11 pillow talks with Tipper to come up with.

(I'm only being half-catty. It's actually an interesting concept. How can I set my default channel whenever I turn on my telly, to my local PBS station? Hmm, Hmm, Al? Surely if you invented the internet, you can programme my measley cable box)

Current TV will be said to combine podcasting, with reality TV, and informally dressed talk show presenters melding information and fun at the same time.

Hey, didn't the F/X cable channel try that once? ...I wouldn't know -- I never watched it.

Most interestingly is that the station will feature Google News half-hour updates on all the most-read stories online. I can't wait until Plaidgate hits TiVo.

But speaking of polls, I wonder if the ex-Veep heard the bad news (for his ilk) about the demographic he's trying to reach:

A recent Time Poll said that, to the amazement of no one but coasties, kids these days are fairly 'normal and conservative' in their outlook.

The 13 year-olds questioned think religion is important, don't necessarily want sex before marriage, and an overwhelming percentage have good relationships with their parents.

I told you the Millenials were great. Al Gore must be licking his chops to get his Hanes on them.

In case you are wondering, though, should I be one of the lucky 20 mill that gets the channel, sure I'll watch it. I'll watch anything once, including Fly Fishing on OLN.

But it's when BloggerTV that debuts on cable, that I'll really sit up and listen.

You watch if it doesn't launch in 2 years. Get cracking InstaPundit.

2 Comments:

  • i was looking at your blog and i just thought that you have a real cool blog. See my postings in my
    profile. Holla back friend!

    By Blogger Ashlee, at Mon Aug 01, 01:26:00 am GMT-4  

  • Hey gurl! Wazzuppppp, fo shizzle, ma tizzle!

    Okay, that was painful. Even for my standards.

    Ashlee, I'm truly grateful for your comments, but one of your likes is "titties", and well, that doesn't rank high up there with me, knowwhattamean, wink wink nudge nudge.

    What is your position on "willies"?

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Aug 01, 01:42:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.