.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Alito Confirmed

(Scroll below for more Tuesday posts. There are four already, and there will be two more by night's end)

FINAL TALLY

Aye 58
No 42

CNN and Fox reporting that it could be 58 Ayes, so we'll see. It was Senator Craig Thomas of Wyoming, who cast the decisive 51st vote.

Justice Clarence Thomas got 52 votes, you might recall, after a much more partisan and vicious hearings.

Two white, conservative American males have now been confirmed to the SCOTUS in President Bush's term, which is almost unbelievable.

If this President gets one more SCOTUS nomination (which surely will be a woman like Janice Rogers Brown), that will be his greatest legacy.

More later.

2 Comments:

  • I saw Justice Alito's swearing in ceremony today at the White House. I think he will be a great addition to the SCOTUS.

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Wed Feb 01, 05:38:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I saw Justice Alito's swearing in ceremony today at the White House. I think he will be a great addition to the SCOTUS.

    Would you believe it, Jose, I actually missed that -- yes! Finally, a news item got away from me.

    Of course, it's because I was in Palm Beach yesterday, almost all day, and today I was driving alllll over Miami too.

    It's sick when your tags have expired, and you have to price check Insurance companies because your parents are too cheap to go with Estrella (and I'm too conservative to go with Progressive).

    Other than that, it was great.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Thu Feb 02, 02:04:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.