.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Judith or Bust

Seems the good burghers of Vienna are hot and bothered this summer, as their heat index skyrocketed this week to almost 40C. But that may not be the only reason they are sweating into their steins.

The Leopold Museum -- one of my favourite in the world, because I love the Jugendstil school of Klimt, Kokoschka, and Schiele -- has decided they will fight fire with nudity.

All naked museum visitors will enter free. For the less inhibited, but still quite batty, you can doff of your gear and enter with your bikinis.

So far, so good for this experiement, as over 300 people showed up in their bathing costumery, and up to 10 buffsters amongst the lot.

"The atmosphere is fun. The other visitors are amused and there have been no negative reactions," museum spokeswoman Verena Dahlitz said.

That's great. Really. Okay, I just don't want to be called a prude, so I'm going along with it.

But in fact, I have nothing against the nude at all. It's just that if I have to stare at someone who is starkers in front of me, please let it be Judith.

Makes Paris-Plage look downright provincial.


Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.