.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Saturday, September 24, 2005

The Next Great Big Da Vinci Code

Some people always want to be au courrant about the latest topics, ideas, or fads generating, as the kids say, buzz.

I can't say I am one of those persons, since I must've been one of the last people in my circle to have found out that those chalk semi-circles on street pavements were for WI-FI hot spots.

Who, without a laptop, knew?

But in the matter of books -- yes.

I'm all agog to be in the know, just waiting to pounce on the next great big book phenomenon of the year.

I subscribe to the online New York Times Book Review, The Times Literary Supplement, and have at least a half-dozen book blogs on my sidebar.

In fact, its buzz status was confirmed to me when I checked the Technorati Popular Books section (which lists all the books mentioned by name in blogposts), when I saw it was actually only at N° 13 thus far.

So in this capacity, I'm pleased to tell you that I have found there is another Da Vinci Code a-brewing:

A book, which if you don't read, you'll be the most sniggered about person in every cocktail party you'll ever go to.

(And never mind only freaks like me still go to cocktail parties. Stop sniggering. I heard that!)

It is called:

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

Pay no attention to the low Technorati popularity ranking -- for pity's sake, Scardown is listed second.

When I went to place a hold on it in my public library, because, you know, I'm cheap, on the very first day of it being available to library patrons, there was already a queue of some 121 people in front of me, with only 30 copies available for the most populous Florida county.

That's Da Vinci Code buzz numbers, believe you me.

I just checked my library account a moment ago, and I am actually 35th in the queue, hurrah!

The library staff must've been flooded with such a high volume of requests, since I see over 5 pages worth of some 20 copies to each page, now.

I'm thinking I should be getting a call to pick it up, any moment.

And the moment I do, I shall read it, and post a review so you can sparkle at your cocktail parties too.

I'm helpful that way, for a freak.

P.S.: Oh, and if you hear of the new great big book out there, drop us a line, do!

3 Comments:

  • A 656 page book about Dracula? No thanks, I am just now reading the Da Vinci Code!!!

    And, I just went to a cocktail party last week!

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Sat Sep 24, 10:05:00 am GMT-4  

  • Apparently, there's a new Harry Potter book out that's all the rage.
    The Da Vinci Code is teh ghey, BTW.
    And no, I haven't read it.
    I like re-reading books, TBH. I must have read Lord of the Rings about 100 times by now.
    Mmm...that sounds a bit sad really. Disregard.

    By Blogger Kullrad, at Sat Sep 24, 07:28:00 pm GMT-4  

  • I thought The Rule of Four was the next Da Vinci Code? I thought it was better than National Treasure (if that was based on a book) but not as good as Angels & Demons.

    By Blogger Renato, at Wed Sep 28, 05:04:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.