.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Totally Had That Belt

And I used to shop at Esprit!

This photo of the collegiate Sarah Palin and chum couldn't get more '80s if you slapped on a Benetton girl-tie on her, and put a bottle of Bartles & Jaymes in her hand.



Read the LA Times' little exposé on Governor Palin's college days here.

Extract:

In the five years of her collegiate career, spanning four universities in three states, Palin left behind few traces. Not many professors or students even remember her.

That's something else she shares with Senator Obama, then, of whom no classmate or professor remembered him at Occidental or Columbia.

Somehow, the latter is not significant for some people, but with Palin it's an indictment on her character.

Of course, one friend does remember her for reasons which may surprise her critics.

"Palin was a calming presence who offered to pray for her when Hagerty had boyfriend troubles. "She was so 'steady Eddie,' so rock solid," Hagerty said. "She didn't make a big deal out of things like other people did. She talked about politics and history and what was going on in the world. I was like, whatever, I don't care about that stuff."

Never mind that she cared about politics, history and what was going on in the world. SHE PRAYED. The horror.

IN THE COMMENTS: JSU doesn't believe that I shopped at Esprit. Well, I got news for you bub. At The Express too!

Chickenlittle notices this interesting tidbit:

Hey, on second look: what's up with the words behind their heads on the wall?

Is that VB SPUR" on the wall?

By gum, so it does. Keen eyesight, Chickenlittle!

Aww, we were psychically connected even back when I had no idea what my blog ID would be. Or indeed, about blogging itself. Or who the heck Sarah Heath was.

Heck, in 1986, I was still 2 years away from my dad giving me my first MAC. Red-letter day.

I think I celebrated by going to buy a pink Lacoste polo.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.