Rain Favours Republicans
That's what ABC News is saying about election day. Bad news in South Florida, then: it's predicted to be very sunny on November 4.
You know what? Good. I want the most amount of people to come out to vote. On the contrary, due to what I saw in 2004 at my polling station, this favours the Republicans.
We don't want to win on the cheap.
Whether in the form of rain or snow, precipitation was the major weather issue that kept voters away — the authors found that "cold temperatures do not significantly decrease voter turnout."
According to their research, three presidential Election Days from 1948 to 2000 had well above-average precipitation across the USA: 1972, 1992, and 2000, when rain or snow caused hundreds of thousands of voters to stay home.
You know what? Good. I want the most amount of people to come out to vote. On the contrary, due to what I saw in 2004 at my polling station, this favours the Republicans.
We don't want to win on the cheap.
Labels: US Presidential Election








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home