.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Cotoreando

Guess who I saw in Lincoln Road today? Mauricio Zeilic of Telemundo's cafecitoklatsch show, Cotoreando.

I was having a latte and mother a glass of vino after a shopping excursion on the Beach, when the king of Hispanic gossip-shows sat down next to us, with some friends, of whom mother seemed to think one was Carlos Ponce -- the Colombian Ricky Martin.

Since South Beach denizens pride themselves on not going gaga over celebrities that descend on us, no one really troubled the party whilst they sat and chatted animatedly.

A far far cry from the day when my mother, dad and I were staying at the Fountainebleu Hotel, and as we waited for valet service to bring round our car, who should happen to come walzing out but Liza Minelli, going into a waiting limo.

"LIZA!", squealed my mother, throwing her arms around her, and as long as I live, I'll never forget Judy Garland's daughter's expression.

The expression that is kinda sorta used to that, and yet, it never fails to be rather scary.

I promised myself I'd never ever do that when I grew up, although I did give Mauricio a wink as I passed by. He recoiled visibly.

2 Comments:

  • hmm, how on earth do you know who Mauricio Zeilic is? yes Vic, you are eccentric ;)

    oh, and Carlos Ponce is not Colombian but Puertorrican, so that would make him the Puertorrican Ricky Martin, but, wait, since Mr. Martin IS from Puerto Rico, then Carlos Ponce would be....ohhh my head is spinning.

    Incidentially, my then-girlfriend-now -wife used to work as a waitress in a cafe in the village here in NYC, and met Ricky Martin who stopped by to eat. A whole afternoon with Ricky Martin, was I jealous?? naa, we don't go gaga over celebrities either.

    By Blogger Jorge, at Sun Feb 27, 07:22:00 am GMT-5  

  • Jorge, you think you're the only one with access to Telemundo up there? ;)

    D'oh, I'll tell my mother he's Puerto Rican, although I did think it strange that a Colombian was called Ponce, when that is so obviously a Puerto Rican name.

    Now, if he were Carlos Jaramillo, that's a whole 'nuther ballgame!

    And I didn't know your wife was an actress. ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Thu Mar 03, 12:14:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.