.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Friday, August 12, 2005

Memories of a Ceiling Collapse

After having a late night capuccino with a friend on SoBe (he had seen Luc Jacquet's March of the Penguins, and highly recommended it to me, so I'll pop down to the Regal multiplex tomorrow night), I arrived home to see an odd black stain on my bathtub from the corner of my eye.

No brides in this bath. Just a prosaic ceiling collapse where the plaster had leaked through.

What now?

It's sad when all one's skills are for show-and-tell, rather than of any practical use. I can speak a half-dozen languages, and can't even screw in a lightbulb.

Pathetic.

4 Comments:

  • It would be even more pathetic if the light bulb was a bayonet-cap!

    By Anonymous Mike Cunningham, at Fri Aug 12, 01:21:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Bbbb...bayonet-cap?

    This is where I get to look like a total Home Depot loser, right?

    Apart from all those other times, I mean.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Aug 14, 01:21:00 am GMT-4  

  • Well, there's your problem solved, right there, Victoria! All you have to do is arrange for a friendly branch of B&Q to settle somewhere near, and your difficulties will disappear in an avalanche of helpful staff and credit card slips!

    cheers

    Mike!

    By Anonymous Mike Cunningham, at Mon Aug 15, 01:12:00 pm GMT-4  

  • If it's all the same, Mike, I think I'd prefer a Canadian Tire store near me.

    Canadians are so polite I'm sure they'd offer to insert the bayonet-cap lightbulb for me. ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Aug 16, 11:05:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.