.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Everyone is Talking About Battlestar Galactica

It seems everywhere I turn these days in Blogosphere, someone is talking about this hit show on the Sci-Fi channel here in the US.

Since I rarely watch anything other than a daily tipple of PBS, History Channel International, or BBC America, alongside my sport shows, I rarely get a chance to see network shows or indeed, cable TV series.

(As an aside, I notice that Ann Althouse loves her Six Feet Under, but even were it still around, I wouldn't blog about my love of Sex and The City. She can make SFU seem intelligent. Even I can't do that with S&TC, although it was fantastic for what it was)

Thus when I came upon a throwaway Battlestar Galactica reference today in a blog (Eugene Volokh's Profanity thread), I finally realised I better start watching, since I was very late to the Law & Order party, and Arrested Development bash, totally missed the Seinfeld do, and a host of other wonk-approved shows.

Makes me want to go back to the first season of The Soprano's...you know, when it was actually good.


  • You're so right about The Soprano's. I watched the First Series, ('Series' sounds so much better than 'Season', BTW) avidly. I watched the first 2 programs of the Second Series and haven't seen it since.

    By Blogger Kullrad, at Wed Aug 03, 05:27:00 am GMT-4  

  • I stopped watching when Pussy was offed.

    It bit the shark then, or whatever that's called. I was never very good with the in-lingo.

    Either way, I think Season 1 of the Soprano's probably the finest telly show I had ever watched in my life.

    They got the mafioso genus dead to rights (I should know).

    However, my fave episode is actually I believe in Season 2, when Tony went to visit that Napoli mafiosa, whose old man was in the clink.

    The shot of him giving her one from behind dressed as Julius Caesar will live long in my mind. And prosper.


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Wed Aug 03, 04:08:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.