The Spirits are Restless
I was watching the cable Travel Channel earlier, when the camera crew caught obvious signs of paranormal activity at Castle Kinnitty in Ireland.
So my question is: why doesn't this type of thing happen to me? Like, ever?
It's not that I doubt that there are such things as ghosts, goblins, UFOs, aliens, Loch Ness monsters, and Rosie O'Donnells...but why can't I ever see them in action?
And it's through no lack of living in an older house either, as both my grandparents homes' dated pre-1600s.
The closest I ever came to encountering paranormal activity is once when I was playing on the Ouija board, you know, like you do...and my cousins' hands spelt out, "Alice", which was my great-grandmother's name, in whose old sitting-room we were in.
Just then, a candle we had in the middle of the table blew out.
I blame the open window, but we all still ran out of the room in a panic (for effect).
Yes, I'll believe in ghosts if they appear before me, but to be completely honest, my suspension of disbelief begins and ends with Jesus Christ.
So my question is: why doesn't this type of thing happen to me? Like, ever?
It's not that I doubt that there are such things as ghosts, goblins, UFOs, aliens, Loch Ness monsters, and Rosie O'Donnells...but why can't I ever see them in action?
And it's through no lack of living in an older house either, as both my grandparents homes' dated pre-1600s.
The closest I ever came to encountering paranormal activity is once when I was playing on the Ouija board, you know, like you do...and my cousins' hands spelt out, "Alice", which was my great-grandmother's name, in whose old sitting-room we were in.
Just then, a candle we had in the middle of the table blew out.
I blame the open window, but we all still ran out of the room in a panic (for effect).
Yes, I'll believe in ghosts if they appear before me, but to be completely honest, my suspension of disbelief begins and ends with Jesus Christ.








2 Comments:
I once saw a Rosie O'Donnell in action.
You haven't missed anything.
Ahh, but a Banshee on the other hand...
By
Anonymous, at Sat Aug 13, 03:00:00 pm GMT-4
I once saw a Rosie O'Donnell in action.
Boom-tish!
Thank you ladies and germs. I'm here all week. Take my wife, please!
You haven't missed anything.
Talking of which, GM Roper, if I may be so intimate as to call you that -- did you know La Sapphiste has her own Blogspot blog?
Yes!
I forget the url, but when I went, it was a weirdly eclectic mix of her life musings, politics, poetry, and general observations on this crazy world we call life.
I'm not quite sure why, but I felt very much at home.
Ahh, but a Banshee on the other hand...
Oh, in that Travel Channel special on Castle Kinnitty they mentioned banshees traditionally wore red or green.
Odd, considering I always pictured banshees in deep black, heavily veiled with crucifixes everywhere, looking like a Sicilian grandmother.
I really should stop watching the Soprano's, you know.
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Sun Aug 14, 01:19:00 am GMT-4
Post a Comment
<< Home