.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Saturday, August 13, 2005

The Spirits are Restless

I was watching the cable Travel Channel earlier, when the camera crew caught obvious signs of paranormal activity at Castle Kinnitty in Ireland.

So my question is: why doesn't this type of thing happen to me? Like, ever?

It's not that I doubt that there are such things as ghosts, goblins, UFOs, aliens, Loch Ness monsters, and Rosie O'Donnells...but why can't I ever see them in action?

And it's through no lack of living in an older house either, as both my grandparents homes' dated pre-1600s.

The closest I ever came to encountering paranormal activity is once when I was playing on the Ouija board, you know, like you do...and my cousins' hands spelt out, "Alice", which was my great-grandmother's name, in whose old sitting-room we were in.

Just then, a candle we had in the middle of the table blew out.

I blame the open window, but we all still ran out of the room in a panic (for effect).

Yes, I'll believe in ghosts if they appear before me, but to be completely honest, my suspension of disbelief begins and ends with Jesus Christ.

2 Comments:

  • I once saw a Rosie O'Donnell in action.

    You haven't missed anything.

    Ahh, but a Banshee on the other hand...

    By Anonymous GM Roper, at Sat Aug 13, 03:00:00 pm GMT-4  

  • I once saw a Rosie O'Donnell in action.

    Boom-tish!

    Thank you ladies and germs. I'm here all week. Take my wife, please!

    You haven't missed anything.

    Talking of which, GM Roper, if I may be so intimate as to call you that -- did you know La Sapphiste has her own Blogspot blog?

    Yes!

    I forget the url, but when I went, it was a weirdly eclectic mix of her life musings, politics, poetry, and general observations on this crazy world we call life.

    I'm not quite sure why, but I felt very much at home.

    Ahh, but a Banshee on the other hand...

    Oh, in that Travel Channel special on Castle Kinnitty they mentioned banshees traditionally wore red or green.

    Odd, considering I always pictured banshees in deep black, heavily veiled with crucifixes everywhere, looking like a Sicilian grandmother.

    I really should stop watching the Soprano's, you know.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Aug 14, 01:19:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.