.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Family Gal Has A Quiet Word for Mr. Depp

I'm taking the day off for a family celebration, but fear not -- I'm thinking of my Sundries readers, percolating some new blogpost inside, even as I take a bite of the Sachertorte.

On that note, here's a random Johnny Depp observation, as discussed on a few sites this week.

Seems Mr. Depp stated he left LA shortly after the Rodney King riots for pastures Frencher. No sooner than a few thousand cars are torched for mere 20 days in his new homeland, than he wants out of La Belle France too.

Tell me -- what are the chances, do you reckon, that Mr. Depp has ever hung around East LA or the depressed quartiers of Paris, for any amount of time?

Let alone talked to any of the aggrieved participants of both revolts, even when they were not riotting?

You know: actually gotten to know your fellow man in the country you've pitched your new tent in?

Honestly. These modern-day celebs.

You'd think by their precipitous reactions, it was THEY who were the ones who had a problem in those countries.

Spoilt (if prodigiously talented) little brat.

7 Comments:

  • Where will Johnny Go? We should make a 'Waldo' like site for where the little pirate should anchor next...tortuga?


    mmmm...Sachertorte!

    By Blogger Ron, at Sun Nov 20, 05:25:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Of Course, no one criticizes Richard Perle,who ex-journalist Bob Woodward identifies as the most outspoken proponent of war in Iraq, for the time he spends in his French home.
    Depp - home in France is bad
    Perle -home in France is uber patriot.
    And I use neither the word "uber" nor the words "home in Framce" negatively.

    By Anonymous bbbustard, at Sun Nov 20, 08:45:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I saw your comments on Echidne's site so I thought I would pop over. Based on the content of your site, all I can say is, if anyone would know about being a third rate blogger, it would be you.

    Pip, pip.

    By Blogger Red State Blues, at Sun Nov 20, 08:51:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Regarding r.s.blues' comment, all I've read so far is this post, but it seemed pretty intelligent. More insightful than the nasty note you put on Echidne.

    You advocate getting to know dark-skinned working-class people? This is a new kind of conservative to me. I'm impressed.

    By Blogger misterniceguy1960, at Sun Nov 20, 09:44:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Where will Johnny Go? We should make a 'Waldo' like site for where the little pirate should anchor next...tortuga?

    Actually, do you know -- I arrived home and started to watch "Finding Neverland", which Renato sent me on DVD.

    I recall reading that Princess Margaret, as a wee child, had a story read to her by Mr. Barrie, and that her only memory of it, was his rather odd looks, but wonderful voice.

    Johnny Depp doesn't have that bad of a Scots accents, as far as Hollywood actor renditions go (Ryan Phillippe's was worse). And his tone of voice is just right for the part.

    Sort of somnolent, and full of mischief, at once.

    mmmm...Sachertorte!

    Well, perhaps not a real Sachertorte. But a double-chocolate cake nonetheless.

    It was for my mother, but in reality, neither she nor I like chocolate, so mostly dad ate it.

    And yes, I cannot imagine a worse trait to have, than that. :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Nov 20, 10:23:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Regarding r.s.blues' comment, all I've read so far is this post, but it seemed pretty intelligent. More insightful than the nasty note you put on Echidne.

    This is going to be my only commentary about this topic.

    MisterNiceGuy, thank you for your visit and for taking the time to leave this comment.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Nov 20, 10:25:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Wow. You're right, of course, but it's still so cool that you know him! Tell us more!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Nov 20, 10:40:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.