.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, February 20, 2007


Carnival isn't all Brazil, you know.

My mother's homeland does carnival, and how, but it's a little different. Instead of the sensuous, they go for the humourous.

Here is a Köln carnival float showing President George W. Bush and Mahmoud Ahmadinejad of Iran, leader of the latest Axis of Evil.

Only the carnavalescos of Germany have riffed on the word, by translating it as the Achsel des Bösen:

Armitpit of Evil


ADDENDUM: Some more funny Cologne Carnival 2007 photos of floats.

Jew and Arab -- Can't we all just get along, as Rodney King once said?

Duck!! It's Hamas, Liebling!

And just to show you it's not all Islamofascist-centric, here are Nicolas Sarkozy and Segolene Royale as battling cocks for the upcoming France Presidential election this April.


Labels: ,


  • Sorry guys -- due to Carnival and blogging, I put off stuff that I had to do today, big time.

    Also, I met with a minor setback, which really depressed me today.

    However, I'll be as right as rain tomorrow, God willing.

    Meanwhile, I have finally updated the last pics of the Samba Schools 2007 post -- with some funny info for you.

    And I will add a few more Cologne float pics here in this post too, since you'll laugh when you see them.

    Two more posts on Carnival, and that's it!

    You can breathe easy until next year. ;)


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Feb 20, 10:32:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.