.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

What Were They Thinking

How in God's name does one go out in the street dressed not realising how badly one looks? Especially regarding that most womanly of traits -- the cleavage.

Take Rumer Willis (Henny Youngman pause), please.



Someone is going to win the Nobel Prize in genetics when they figure out how a reasonably good-looking man like Bruce Willis and Sundries woman crush (it's the voice, rrrr), Demi Moore, produced this lass.

(Anyone know where Jay Leno was when Rumer was conceived?)

Yes, looks can be improved, thankfully even mine, but I tell you I would never go out dressed like she is. She looks like the Gloucester Fisherman.

Where we can forgive Rumer for a youthful emo indiscretion, what can one say about Lauren Bacall?

Bogey's widow and Loehmann's spokesperson is hardly new to the red carpet do's and don'ts, and her look below should have her banned from it for life.

Ouch, eek. My God.



Yes, I have Mikimoto pearls I want to show off too, but I also have a sense of appropriateness. When I hit 70, the boobage, unless absolutely perky, will be covered. 80+ and they won't see the light of day.

(Anyone know where Kathleen Turner was when Bacall was conceived?)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Well, after that Vanity Fair cover, what do you expect from a Moore daughter? (Who looks exactly like both her parents.)

    The less said about pic #2 the better.

    "looks can be improved, thankfully even mine"

    Wait, were you serious about having been under the knife?

    By Blogger JSU, at Tue Jul 08, 02:11:00 am GMT-4  

  • "Wait, were you serious about having been under the knife?"

    LOL. No no. Not yet, anyway.

    I used to scoff at women who altered themselves to look like that Wilderstein woman -- a vain attempt to stay the hand of time on one's face and body.

    I tell you, the closer I get to the dreaded mid-30s, the more I realise, hey maybe Botox ain't so bad, you know?

    (I have many past posts to respond to, but a big party on Friday I have to prepare for. Many apologies and with special thanks to Ron for his comments!! I will answer the posts in due course!)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Jul 08, 02:30:00 am GMT-4  

  • Bush-wah, my Dear! No apologies needed here! Your posting is gift enough! You (and Amba) have been inspiring me to post and write more myself! Do live vicariously for me at that plump soiree, yes?

    By Blogger Ron, at Tue Jul 08, 08:59:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.