.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, June 30, 2008

See, This Is Why I Don't Have Bumperstickers

Bumper stickers are something "white people like", according to the arch website devoted to spilling whitey-likeys.

I veer from being vastly amused by most bumper stickers, and being horrified by them; the latter invariably revolving around "how can they do that to their car's paintwork??".

But perhaps one of the great unspokens about putting on bumper stickers on one's car, is that someone might just take offense at what your sticker thingie is saying -- especially if that something is political.

I swear to you there is nothing more corrosive in this world than politics. It scars everything it touches. Yes, religion and sex are close, but politics seems to encompass both these, and then some.

Politics is nothing more than the practical expression of the way people see the world.

Some don't care. But gang way for those who really do: if you disagree with their world view, you've made an enemy for life.

If you think this is exaggeration, I'll remind you of this post on Democratic Underground.

"I did not stop to help a * supporter today"

Let her words speak for themselves:

I had no idea how deeply my hate for that man ran. My lack of an interaction, with a * supporter is still haunting me a couple of hours later.

I was on my home and was on the ramp getting off the highway. I saw a mini-van on the side of the road. There was a lady standing next to the van and in her arms she held her child. I can only assume her mini-van had broken down. I don't know, perhaps with so many gad stations being out of gas, she had also run out. I slowed down and started to pull over to offer her a ride. At the very last second I noticed a "W" sticker on the back of her vehicle and I sped up and drove off.

I feel really bad as a human being. That child is not responsible for their parent's belief system. They are innocent and do not deserve to be out in the heat. (It is warm but not so bad that they would even break a sweat) I try not to punish people for what they believe.

On the other hand, so many hateful thoughts went through my head. I wondered how a person could see what was going on in NO and still have one of those awful stickers on their car. How could they support an awful excuse for a human being that has let our country down and is letting Americans die after they have made it through the storm? How can someone be so blind and so stupid?

A human being just admitted that politics took precedence over helping a mother and her baby in distress on the highway...

...because the mother voted for the wrong guy. Think about it. That's messed up.

This is where our country is at today, for some.

But there are those for whom unfortunately actions speak louder than any bumpersticker.

Over the weekend, an AP reporter broke startling news which will probably hit the wires in the morning where you are.

Fla. vandals tag 60 cars with anti-Obama messages

Though I risk being sued by the AP for quoting from their article...here is an excerpt:

"ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Police on Sunday were investigating vandals' spray-painting of dozens of city vehicles here, some with disparaging messages about the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Barack Obama.

Authorities think the vandalism to about 60 vehicles, estimated at $10,000 in damage, was done Saturday afternoon, police spokeswoman Sgt. Barbara Jones said.

The vehicles were parked across from City Hall and investigators said culprits tagged messages including "Obama smokes crack" and a racial epithet."

I'm sure I don't need to tell you what that racial epithet was.

I know what you're thinking: this has obviously got to be a McCain or a Republican's doing, right?

I'm sure that's how media will spin it tomorrow. Just another angry Republican whitey, bitterly clinging to his guns, chewing tobacco and spewing n-words.

Lost in the report will be this small paragraph:

"They even left business cards on the vehicles that disparage both the Illinois senator and his rival, Republican John McCain. The cards voice support for Sen. Hillary Clinton, Obama's former opponent."

But don't worry. The media and their surrogates may spin this, in case someone like me points this fact out.

It probably wasn't a Hillary supporter at all, they'll say. It's stolen from the Lee Atwater playbook of dirty political tricks.

'Cause a Democrat couldn't possibly be a racist, right? Not the My Middle-Name is Hussein-ers!


Labels: , ,


Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.