.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Things I Like About Palin

...I like how she didn't buy a new black dress for her Dayton presentation.

...I like how she speaks extemporaneously without teleprompter, or looks like she does.

...I like her long, elongated Midwestern vowels, especially when she says "still" for steel.

...I like that her childhood nickname was barracuda. So was mine.

...I like that she's from Alaska, and Obama is from Hawaii, the two last States in the Union.

...I like the way her husband looks proud as all get out of her.

...I like that she and her dad used to hunt moose when she was a kid.

...I like how she prefers to be referred to as a commercial fisherman, and not Beauty Pageant queen.

...I like that no one in Washington knows what to do with her.

...I like how she drives liberals crazy.

...I like how McCain made me feel when he picked her, after crying on Thursday night.

...I like her son Track serving in Iraq. God bless him.

And, I confess.

...I like that she's a woman.

Labels: ,


  • I like how she calls her husband the "First Dude".

    I like how she caused teh internets to 'ssplode.

    I like that this could bring Tina Fey back to SNL.

    I like how her crazily cute daughter -- part of an entire crazily cute family -- had that hilarious expression on her face at a previous big event.

    I like how she shows John McCain in his best light.

    I like that she's skeptical of Al Gore's crusade.

    I like that I'm now hungry for some mooseburgers.

    I like how she's left so many speechless or apoplectic.

    I like how she's gotten to live by such beauty. (The swamp will be different.)

    And I like how she's made so many (though not all) of my friends happy.

    Great thread, Vic.

    By Blogger JSU, at Sat Aug 30, 04:51:00 am GMT-4  

  • Vicks, you cried Thursday night? What on earth for?

    I like how my sitemeter jumped when I posted on her being picked by McCain. It was crazy!

    Run, Sarah, run!

    By Blogger benning, at Sat Aug 30, 05:59:00 am GMT-4  

  • Jesus H. Christ, Victoria. You're not serious. Please, please don't utter one more word about Obama's inexperience.

    And, really, you're ready to risk the safety of this country because you think it's cool that she likes to hunt moose?

    Your credibility, not that you had any, just bottomed out.

    And, yeah, I know this comment will never see the light of day on your blog.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Aug 30, 07:08:00 am GMT-4  

  • JSU, what a beautiful list! And may I send you warm hugs again today. :)

    Benning, oh I don't know. I suppose because I felt dejected that if Obama won, that was the kind of speech and audience I had to deal with for 4-8 years. Now I know how anti-Bush people feel. You guys have my sympathy. It's AWFUL.

    And I hope you saw that in the first post, I added you into the mix! :)

    Anonymous, it amuses me to let the post stand. So it stands.


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Aug 30, 04:28:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Thanks, Victoria!

    I hope anonymous isn't the same clown who's been infesting my blog since I first posted on Palin's selection. If I did lead anonymous here, I humbly apologize!

    By Blogger benning, at Mon Sep 01, 05:44:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.