.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Thursday, October 02, 2008

TOLDJA



I've noticed that she has a hidden gear that only comes out when she's on the spot. The trick is that she's a born politician who however does better in crowds than one-on-one.

As I mentioned in my blogpost below, she can turn it up a notch when it counts the most. God only knows how Katie Couric feels right now, but she and Gibson have big time egg on their faces.

She not only held her own tonight, but she took back the narrative of being a countrybumpkin who wouldn't even show up to the debate, because she would be out of her mind to do so. Instead, she came out as the folksy breath of fresh air that we saw on August 29th, and on September 3.

Hopefully, it won't take her another month to speak to her strengths, because her ticket doesn't have another month. She needs to take the momentum she regained tonight, and start campaigning normally immediately.

Finally, let me just say this.

You can say many things about her, and I'll grant you she's not a towering intellect (but then, neither is Joe Biden, to say the least. They are very evenly matched).

But she's a fantastic politician who has a precious talent of being genuine and believable to the point of making her enemies doubt her completely. Twice now, she has come back from the politically dead, and given Senator McCain a CHANCE to be President come November.

This is still Senator Obama's race to lose, this is still a Democratic year absolutely.

But never again can her detractors gain the foothold on her and by extension, Senator McCain's judgement, that they had these past two weeks.

This is now a new race, all over again.

ADDED: The Drudge Poll at 11:36 PM EST, just before Axelrod tells his Army of Obamabots to keep clicking.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • GREAT JOB! What happened in the Couric interview?!?

    After tonight everyone will be sure it was viciously edited, and wasn't Palin's fault at all.

    Overall, I thought Biden did ok, but it was no contest. He looks bland and beady eyed.

    I was surprised by Ifill, actually. I thought she was more fair than most previous moderators, in recent memory anyway.

    Enjoyed your comments on Althouse.

    By Blogger Rose, at Fri Oct 03, 01:02:00 am GMT-4  

  • Whew! I need a cig, a beer, and a football game to chill out after that debate! Well, it's what we must do to rebirth democracy I suppose! ;)

    By Blogger Ron, at Fri Oct 03, 01:33:00 am GMT-4  

  • You told us!?

    I told you. ;)

    By Blogger JSU, at Fri Oct 03, 01:34:00 am GMT-4  

  • Rose wrote:

    GREAT JOB! What happened in the Couric interview?!?

    I have no clue. Either she faked everyone out (and you kind of got the sense of that, because she went into a kind of bunker defence, refusing to be pinned down about her reading material, and other SCOTUS decisions), or this was the strategy all along.

    I doubt the latter, because it is just too risky. I think that McCain got the right team to handle her this weekend IN THE NICK OF TIME.

    After tonight everyone will be sure it was viciously edited, and wasn't Palin's fault at all.

    Right. CRUCIAL distinction.

    Overall, I thought Biden did ok, but it was no contest. He looks bland and beady eyed.

    My mother said he looked "wizened". I thought he did okay, actually, and I rarely register anyone's age. I'm a little unusual that way.

    I was surprised by Ifill, actually. I thought she was more fair than most previous moderators, in recent memory anyway.

    Rose if you will allow, I disagree. I thought she had a pugnacious attitude towards Palin, which was more pronounced in the beginning. They had an electric exchange a few times, she and Palin. Ifill settled down towards the end, and I thought it was absolutely classy of Palin to shake her hand at the end.

    Enjoyed your comments on Althouse.

    Hey, thanks so much! Hope we can chat another time. :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Fri Oct 03, 02:38:00 am GMT-4  

  • Whew! I need a cig, a beer, and a football game to chill out after that debate! Well, it's what we must do to rebirth democracy I suppose! ;)

    Rebirth Democracy would be the most killer blogtitle yet. ;)

    Enjoy, my dear Ron! I am going to chillax, because I am beat. More photos and postings tomorrow!

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Fri Oct 03, 02:38:00 am GMT-4  

  • You told us!?

    I told you. ;)


    *Hugs*

    From one immodest know-it-all to another. ;)

    Seriously, thanks JSU for all your backup!

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Fri Oct 03, 02:39:00 am GMT-4  

  • Re the handshake between Ifill and Palin at the end: right after that cool, brief exchange, I thought I saw Biden and Ifill lean in close to one another for a much longer and warmer little tete-a-tete. I was quite surprised that either of them was dumb enough to let that happen on camera, given everything.

    By Blogger mrs whatsit, at Fri Oct 03, 07:10:00 am GMT-4  

  • No only is she a great politician... she's actually a conservative who talks like a conservative. Unabashedly. We need that.

    By Blogger knox, at Fri Oct 03, 09:04:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.