.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Aww, Geez Do I Really Have To

Yes, all right. Your inevitable "Senator McCain's first post-election interview with Jay Leno" post.

The military who were part of the audience gave him the best welcome I've seen since I saw McCain at the Univ of Miami. I want to be gracious, and I genuinely am thankful for his service, his valour and overall career, but right now, my emotions are still raw.

(HuffPo had two 2 minute excerpts on their site, but so far, I haven't found the full segment on Hulu)

Did you watch McCain on Leno? What impression did he give you about the whole Palin situation?

Labels: ,


  • I'm so proud of her and I'm very grateful she agreed to run with me. She inspired people, she still does," McCain told Jay Leno during an "Tonight Show" interview taped for broadcast Tuesday night. "I couldn't be happier with Sarah Palin.

    I'm glad he finally said that.

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Wed Nov 12, 05:34:00 am GMT-5  

  • He failed to out and condemn the 'leakers.' Insofar as he wouldn't hesitate a nanosecond to correct people on the trail [after he was pilloried for his chuckling at the 'how do we beat the bitch?' question in New Hampshire an eon ago], he has shown his true colors. Yellow. [And, btw, I want my money back that I contributed to his campaign.]

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Wed Nov 12, 01:01:00 pm GMT-5  

  • But, it might work to Palin's advantage. He brought her to the national stage. She never whined or cried. Never. She's proven her thick skin. Perhaps, behind the scenes, she asked him not to play knight-in-shining-armor. Todd never did [and he sure had cause to!] and perhaps she likes to fight her battles in her own way. This basically killed any warmth I felt for that guy who ran with Sarah.

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Wed Nov 12, 01:03:00 pm GMT-5  

  • He tried to come across as "so above it all." As Ruth Anne intimated, after all the sticking-up he did for Obama during the campaign, it seemed to me he said as little as he could get away with in defense of Palin.

    This is a man who needs to be liked by the media. Period. Why else did he go groveling back to that ass David Letterman?? Why else chastise his supporters when they expressed (very reasonable) fear at the prospect of a far-left Obama presidency? Why else remain silent on conservative values and instead trumpet "I'm bipartisan, I'm bipartisan, hey, did I mention I'm bipartisan, watch me reach across the aisle!!"

    It's going to take me a long time to get over my disgust with the election of 2008.

    By Blogger knox, at Thu Nov 13, 12:16:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.