.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Guess Where Palin Will Be On Thursday?

Five minutes away from where I live...at the Intercontinental Hotel, in Downtown Miami. The mountain doesn't need to go to Palin. Palin is coming to the mountain.

Can you believe this?! How lucky is South Florida's most prolific Palin-centric blogger?

Here is the .pdf to the Republican Governors' Association Conference Schedule. The Plenary Keynote speakers for Day 1 include:

Byron York -- National Review
Dr. Frank Luntz -- Luntz Maslansky Strategic Research
Dr. William Bennett -- Bennettmornings.com

Day 2 includes:

The Hon. Ed Gillespie -- Moderator
General Tommy Franks -- US Army Retired
Rep. Mike Pence -- Indiana
William Kristol -- The Weekly Standard

So we have Byron York, who can tell Palin in person just how messed up CNN's Drew Griffin got his quote. The rather pasty-faced Dr. Luntz, with his pro-Obama "independents", can talk to her about his focus groups. And of course, her greatest (only?) "conservative elite" champion, Bill Kristol, doesn't need to use subterfuge and go-betweens to talk to her. He can just lean over.

Governor Palin will be available for the press cattle call on Thursday, so let's see what happens. I have a few favours to call in, I think. If nothing pans out, I'll be blogging about it regardless.

Stick with me kids, 'cause it's always happening down here in Florida!

UPDATE: Untrammeledly negative Alaska-Palin blogger, Mudflats, has decided to call out the anti-Palin troops here in Miami:

"Anyone interested in a Miami Mudstockon Thursday? Lila, the Mudflatter who attended both Mudstock I in Pittsburgh, and Mudstock II in Chicago is going to be in Miami on Thursday night…the same time that Sarah Palin will be at the Republican Governor’s Convention just a few blocks away! I know this isn’t much notice, but if you’re interested, post a comment in this thread. It could be pretty amazing if a pack of Mudflatters infiltrated the convention!"

This ex-eastern seaborder, now resident in Alaska thinks he and other anti-Palin protesters can make their presence known to the Governor, here in Miami.

I've got news for them. We don't roll like that here. It's November, sunny, 84F. We don't "infiltrate" and mischief-make down here. We go surfing.

But don't worry. I'll be keeping an eye out for them. One single solitary "Sarah Palin is a ----" t-shirt, one disgusting sexist slogan on a poster, and I'll put it out for everyone to see.

Look at what one non-local, Lila, wants to do:

BTW, I’m a SP look-alike and am packing slinky black clothes and my red stilettos. If anyone has any thoughts on ways to have fun with that I’m open to them!

Another goes so far as to mention that Palin is bipolar, and seeks attention. Think about it. She is the one seeking attention, the Governor of an US State, the losing Vice-Presidential candidate of a just finished election, a woman who motivated millions to vote for a ticket. These are the kind of slurs about being "crazy" that women have had to put up with, for the simple reason that others refuse to take them seriously as human beings.

Their hatred isn't political. It's personal and misogynistic, based on her gender, and religiosity. Bloggers will continue to expose it for what it is, including the blogger writing now.

As my Cuban friends say, I will shout "presente" when called.

UPDATE: I just commented on the FTAA protests we had in Miami, in 2003. In fact, they protested at exactly the same locale that Palin will be at -- you can see it below. It's Bicentennial Park, right near the Intercontinental Hotel.

Listen to these professional protesters rail against their treatment (NSFW). "Police State! Police State! I didn't do anything!".

Yeah right. They came armed with pipe bombs, and the Police had busted an abandoned house full of their nefarious plans to create mayhem at the conference. Inside they found wires, detonators, numchuks, masks, and any amount incendiary pamphlets, telling these poor peaceful little "protesters" what to do, to create maximum havoc.

That posturing of victimhood by those intent on nothing more than anger may fly in Seattle, but in Miami, we are not stupid. Come prepared to rumble.



  • It makes sense for her to attend, but is she confirmed?

    By Blogger JSU, at Tue Nov 11, 04:14:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Confirmed, yes. Crist's office broke it on local news.

    Yay. :)


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Nov 11, 04:16:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Can Vic score a photo op perhaps? Inquiring commenters want to know! :)

    By Blogger Ron, at Tue Nov 11, 04:45:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Heh, thanks Ron. :)

    For privacy reasons, I wouldn't actually post any photo of me with the Palinator. But you can be sure that any other kind will be posted!


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Nov 11, 04:47:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Yay! If you get in and get to meet her, I'll scream for joy. :D

    By Blogger Bekah, at Tue Nov 11, 04:58:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I will leave my agenda open all day Thursday in the hope that Victoria and Sarah will join me for a cortadito at Versailles!!!

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Tue Nov 11, 05:01:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Yay! If you get in and get to meet her, I'll scream for joy. :D

    *hugs Bekah*

    I have yet to blog about your meeting with her! That counts as one of the most important moments on Sundries, even if it wasn't I who was doing the meeting.

    I seriously doubt I will have any kind of interaction with Governor Palin, but it warms me that someone here has (it shows you the level of character she has, as well as your tenacity). :)


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Nov 11, 05:01:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Betcha she's more a guarapo kinda gal, Jose! ;)


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Nov 11, 05:02:00 pm GMT-5  

  • BTW, check out the updates about what some idiots want to do down here -- show up at the Intercontinental (which is impossible to do, being located at an awkward corner of Downtown) and bust up her happies on that day.

    They will see. City of Miami Police are unusually tough customers, as the FTAA protesters found out.


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Nov 11, 05:06:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I have a few favours to call in, I think.

    If that fails, charm or flatter the gatekeepers with fawning praise, captivating & convincing reason, or just plain brown-nosing (within the bounds of decency of course).

    The mountain doesn't need to go to Palin. Palin is coming to the mountain.

    I suspect you've shaved off a full degree or two of separation from her already.

    In any case, I wish you luck!

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Tue Nov 11, 06:07:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I look forward to reading what you see/hear! What is with some of these people?! I have an aunt that was an Obama supporter - we had some email discussions (she's in another state), that became tiresome because there was no way that either of us were going to change our mind - (and to be quite honest, in comparison to blog comments from other Obama supporters, etc., she wasn't a very knowledgeable debater.). Anyways, only discussion we've had since election night was for her to send me a link to London (Daily Mirror, I think, I've deleted it) that said Palin was responsible for ramping up white supremacists because of her speeches about Obama & terrorists. Man, just enjoy the victory... they're are still obsessed with Palin -

    By Blogger Laurie, at Tue Nov 11, 09:28:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Heh, chickenlittle. My bf says I should schmooze with the hotel maids to try to wheel me into her room.

    What about me says "I Love Lucy" I wonder? ;)

    Laurie, I am so sorry about that. I know exactly the type of Obot you mean.

    No matter how much we are irritated by the Obama supporters online, perhaps it's the written medium that makes even the rabid ones seem a little more substantive than real-life robots that just keep repeating, HopeyChangey. They do not articulate their points well, and sometimes they seem like they're following news a few days after the Blogosphere (which is what happens if you're not in the right loop).

    Man, just enjoy the victory... they're are still obsessed with Palin -

    Oh yes. She's deep in their melon, to paraphrase Dennis Miller...


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Nov 11, 09:59:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.