.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, November 10, 2008

Pre-Greta Interview Notes

First of all, Gretawire will be live-blogging about the On The Record FULL HOUR special with Governor Sarah Palin. Here is the putative link.

Incidentally, both JSU and Ron emailed to say that Palin will be on the Today Show on Tuesday morning, so watch out for that. Thanks for the heads up, guys.

Secondly, we have more sneak peak photos today, as Miss van Susteren went to the Governor's office today, after a full day yesterday at her Wasilla home (it's about 45 minutes away from Anchorage).

Senator McCain called the Governor, as Greta was leaving. She took the call. Wonder what they said...

By the way, Greta said that Palin was never without her two Blackberries. I've noticed that for months now. Even when she was not even a nominee, the AP wire photos showed her with her Blackberries. That woman is super-connected.



Here is the Governor's Office and the two ladies being prepped before the interview. Notice the New York Times on Palin's desk. She's read the NYT from cover-to-cover since she was 10. It's the reason she wears glasses, in fact -- she was a voracious newspaper reader since early age.



That's Governor Palin in the fuschia coat. The First Dude took Greta on a snowmachine ride across Lake Lucille. Isn't that awesome?



Another photo showcasing Governor Palin's Wasilla home. If you saw the pokey interior of the home they first had as a young couple (I have tried to find it online), you know this must be their dream home.



It's just gorgeous. That view KILLS.



I'll post an update later. One thing to watch out for is that Palin didn't say "no" to running in 2012.

TWO SNEAK PEAKS:



Labels: ,

8 Comments:

  • I finally figured it out...

    Piper looks like a Lego figure in that outfit. ;)

    By Blogger JSU, at Mon Nov 10, 07:56:00 pm GMT-5  

  • YES! Response to question about gaining more support from women... she is definitely going to run for something bigger (IMO)!

    By Blogger Laurie, at Mon Nov 10, 10:26:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Greta is a really solid interviewer. Palin does better, it seems to me, when she's multi-tasking. She just punctuated this segment with washing her hands.

    I feel like I'm hanging out at that kitchen bar!

    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Mon Nov 10, 10:51:00 pm GMT-5  

  • 1- I have no doubt she's positioning herself not for 2012, but for 2016 specifically. I think it'll be wait-and-see for 2012.

    2- I agree with Ruth Anne, I love seeing her just multi-task, and chat with Greta. But my mother also pointed out that it could be disconcerting to see a potential future President preparing hot dogs.

    Mum said, "I wouldn't even want to see Michelle Obama doing that."

    Do you think it's antogonistic for males to see her doing that? Does that lessen the respect?

    O'Reilly seemed very anti-Palin earlier (he's pissed she hasn't deigned to appear on his show), when he suggested she lacks gravitas.

    I'm scared these homey scenes reinforces that view.

    More later!

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Nov 10, 10:59:00 pm GMT-5  

  • What! I can't believe it's over!

    That was the fastest solid hour of interview I've ever seen in my life.

    Let's see what my friends and mum say. I'll be back later. :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Nov 10, 11:00:00 pm GMT-5  

  • lessen the respect? My respect grows with each interview Vic!

    By Blogger Ron, at Mon Nov 10, 11:19:00 pm GMT-5  

  • My mother did say the same, ultimately.

    She thought she did very well. I'm heartened, Ron.

    I'm going to Wendy's for two 99 cent chilis. And yes, I'm so easily influenced culinarily. ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Nov 10, 11:27:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Mrs Thatcher also let herself be filmed and interviewed while she did 'motherly' or 'wifely' stuff in the kitchen. It was part real, part act. I think it helped her and I think it helps Palin.

    The frontrunners for '12/'16 are Palin and Jindal. I like both, but I would want to know more about them. I love Palin, but she's not yet presidential material (veep, yes, of course). Part of the good thing about her being veep would have been her becoming a plausible POTUS candidate. Now, if she wants it, she'll have to show she's ready. She'll have to get re-elected and do a 'Reagan post-California'. Of course if she tanks as a governor, all is lost. And Jindal is very quiet, so it's difficult to judge him.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Nov 11, 10:13:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.