.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, November 10, 2008

Greta Loves Alaska (And The Palins)

Mark me, Greta van Susteren is going to end up buying a winter lodge in Alaska soon. Man, does she love those Palins.

Check out the photos she took inside Governor Palin's Wasilla home, ahead of Monday night's broadcast of her interview with Palin.

Little Piper giving the photog a thumbs up. She is so like her mother AND father, isn't she? A self-assured tomboy princess.



The Palins' kitchen! Hey, my neighbour has that drip coffee maker. It's a Cuisinart. Don't mind me, I'm a coffee connoisseur: I notice these things.



Piper inside the Palin's home, modelling her winter "snowmachine" gear.



Greta with Piper, just over the threshold of the Palin's home.

Not only does it have that requisite American "lived-in" look, that just shrieks no airs-and-graces, but get this -- Greta was loaned by Sarah Palin, the Governor's own coat, boots, and pants!

My God, they are at "paint each other nails and do each other's hair" sleepover stage. Take that Oprah.



Delightful. Never mind Greta. I may just want to buy a chalet in Alaska myself.



I'll, of course, be posting on the interview shortly after it, so please keep checking Sundries for updates.

ADDED: Interesting local Alaskan interview with Governor Palin. This is almost 10 minutes long, from a 30 minute interview with KTUU reporters. Palin is very straightforward in answering tough questions, including that of per diems for her family, as well as why the Republican ticket lost, who is Trig's real mom (!), and the fact that Tina Fey's in-laws are die-hard Republicans who came to one of her rallies (!!).

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

  • You know you would so do the sleepovers with the nail painting!

    While watching Manchurian Candidate!

    By Blogger Ron, at Mon Nov 10, 07:22:00 am GMT-5  

  • Ya know, Victoria, that Greta has roots in Wisconsin.

    Not sure why she'd need to buy something in Alaska, when Northern Wisconsin has the same bleakness in winter that AK has.

    But...we don't have Governor Palin....it'd be so fun if we could offer governors as free agents.....As one Wisconsinite, I'd trade ours for Alaska's....or maybe we could barter like in the olden days.......a cow for a moose? *grin*

    Peggy :)

    By Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt, at Mon Nov 10, 10:30:00 am GMT-5  

  • Hey, my neighbour has that drip coffee maker. It's a Cuisinart.

    When my wife went back to work, she bought herself one of these. For years she had hand-crafted espresso in one of these. I winced at the price-for coffee machine?. But now I'm hooked (at home at least-I still drink the swill at work).

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Mon Nov 10, 11:16:00 am GMT-5  

  • When my wife went back to work, she bought herself one of these.

    Ah, Saecos have a touch-and-go reputation. Some love it, but many think they break down too easily.

    I have a Gaggia Syncrony and a Gaggia MDF grinder. :)

    For years she had hand-crafted espresso in one of these.

    I have that! Cubans also like them (very cheap and great coffee comes out from them).

    I winced at the price-for coffee machine?. But now I'm hooked (at home at least-I still drink the swill at work).

    Ah, nice. I love you already!

    Maybe this motivates me to write up a coffee-centric post, now that my Palin blogging is slowing down. :P

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Nov 10, 07:17:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I loved that vid. It kept cutting to Piper lugging Trig around and up the stairs, and at one point Todd sitting across the room in socked feet. And Piper at the end in her apron, taking drink orders, was the cutest thing ever. Sarah: "Who asked for a beer?!" LOL

    My sister Libby says please write about coffee. It and fashion are her true loves in life. (And I would be able to pretend I know something about it afterwards. Big Sis must always know all, or at least pretend to convincingly.)

    By Blogger Bekah, at Mon Nov 10, 08:00:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I have a Gaggia Syncrony and a Gaggia MDF grinder. :)

    What do you feed it? (beans)

    I have that! Cubans also like them (very cheap and great coffee comes out from them).

    Yes. BTW, the different aesthetic designs of those things actually hide the true inner beauty: upwards steam extraction of oils and essences, a short retort, and then a gentle collection cup, shielded from direct heat. We've own several designs, but they're really all the same.

    I haven't dared take apart our Saeco machine to see how it works, but what comes out is not bad.

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Tue Nov 11, 12:21:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.