The Power Of The Instalanche
One link by Glenn Reynolds, and pfft! I get a Blogad. One I really can put all my support behind, too.
Hope you can help out by clicking on it, every once in a while. Thanks guys.
Hope you can help out by clicking on it, every once in a while. Thanks guys.
Labels: Blogads, Pitbull With Lipstick








8 Comments:
How does that work: you "get a blogad"?
I can click on Palin!
By
blake, at Sat Feb 07, 04:32:00 am GMT-5
Heya, Blake. :)
I didn't mean he gave me one! Heh.
Just to clarify -- I suspect having a higher visibility on Friday led to interested parties targetting my blog.
It's really all about visibility, I think, though I really have no way of proving my hunch (unless I ask directly, which I won't: seems too venal).
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Sat Feb 07, 04:37:00 am GMT-5
So...is it that you have a blogad widget, and the widget suddenly populated?
I mean, it's not like blogad can come and put stuff on your site without your permission, right? (heh? indeed?)
By
blake, at Sat Feb 07, 04:55:00 am GMT-5
Hope you can help out by clicking on it, every once in a while. Thanks guys.
Love to help, but I'm not seeing it here yet.
By
chickelit, at Sat Feb 07, 10:13:00 am GMT-5
I mean, it's not like blogad can come and put stuff on your site without your permission, right? (heh? indeed?)
He he. Oh Blake. :)
It goes a little something like this:
One goes to Blogads, and searches for a blog in which you want to advertise your site/idea. Once you create your ad, by uploading pics, banners, or what-not, then you submit it for the blog owner to consider.
As that blogger, I then get an email directing me to the waiting Blogad. If I like what I see, I click "approve". If not, "reject".
I have only once rejected an ad, which I believe was masquerading as a "woman's rights" pitch, but was a thinly veiled pro-abortion advert. I needn't tell you how very much that disgusted me.
I'm guessing they didn't see past my gender, and thought I would be amenable to the pitch...as if all women were pro-abortion.
So, yeah, that's how it goes. Nothing is shown on Sundries without my prior approval. :)
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Sat Feb 07, 06:15:00 pm GMT-5
Oh. Very interesting. (On several levels.)
By
blake, at Sat Feb 07, 06:22:00 pm GMT-5
Chicken, you aren't seeing the ad yet?? It should be there for all to see.
I checked on IE plus the Firefox I use, and it's there. Me worried!
By
vbspurs, at Sat Feb 07, 06:31:00 pm GMT-5
Sorry Victoria--I never told you, but I'm "bi": Mac mit Safari zu Hause on weekends and PC/Windows/IE at the office during the week. Don't worry though, I'm probably the only one. But if there are other Safari/Mac Sundries readers out there, I'd be interested to know what they see.
By
chickelit, at Sat Feb 07, 08:29:00 pm GMT-5
Post a Comment
<< Home