.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Snow Day

This charming piccie is of me in front of Aventura late last night. Check out the really cute snow bear they made out of the snow which fell in mounds Tuesday!

Okay, so that's not me. It's a poor little child in East Dulwich, braving the suddenly arctic conditions back in my homeland.

But I tell you, it could be me.

We in South Florida are freezing our patooties off during the record lows this week. As I write, I am checking the Firefox AccuWeather extension I have -- and the reading says 43F/6C!

Brrr. Pray for me and pass the churros y chocolate.

Labels: , ,


  • In a note of seriousness, I hope you guys around the US and the world are okay. Whilst it may be very chilly down here -- I am sure it doesn't compare to your temperatures in the North.

    Let's huddle! :)


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Thu Feb 05, 02:02:00 am GMT-5  

  • It's winters like these that make me wish I was back in Tampa instead of here in Blagoland.

    By Blogger Michael S, at Thu Feb 05, 02:28:00 am GMT-5  

  • It's 44 F and falling fast out here.

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Thu Feb 05, 02:46:00 am GMT-5  

  • Here in Tel Aviv it's currently 21°C (70°F). We've hardly had a winter this year and we need it much more than Europe.

    As for you, you're a Brit, no? Surely 6 degrees celsius don't faze you.

    By Blogger Ophir, at Thu Feb 05, 03:36:00 am GMT-5  

  • Ann Arbor MI temp right now at 6:17AM .... -14F.

    Hey, I need the churros and coffee and chocolate!

    Vic, you may, as Jimmy Carter suggested, "wear a sweater!" :)

    By Blogger Ron, at Thu Feb 05, 06:21:00 am GMT-5  

  • Northern MN: 5F. And that's comparatively warm--shorts and t-shirt weather for some people (seriously).

    Wake-up weather two days ago: -23F (air temp, not windchill).

    By Anonymous Starless, at Thu Feb 05, 07:57:00 am GMT-5  

  • Come on over to WI. While it may be sunny, the wind chills were below zero.

    The best part of all this is that I have been hardened to this harsh winter.

    Let me tell you how dry it is - my skin flakes, my nails crack and my hair flies away. I don't believe I'll ever be warm again until it's 90 degrees here, which may happen once or twice in a summer.

    Weather toughens us....and March 21 is on its way!!

    43 would be considered a heat wave in WI....which we are expecting this weekend. Rain may tag along which is not good because if it freezes, then we'll be dealing with black ice, white ice and red ice....oops...sorry....got a little carried away....

    I think as humans we wouldn't be happy unless we're complaining about something.

    So as I look at the beautiful blue sky, and cirrus clouds....I say that's glorious with the sunlight all around!!

    Peggy :)

    By Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt, at Thu Feb 05, 10:37:00 am GMT-5  

  • Weather toughens us....and March 21 is on its way!!

    Yeah, those of us in the great Midwest are always amused in a superior sort of way when Floridians start putting on sweaters when it gets down to 50.

    then we'll be dealing with black ice, white ice and red ice....oops...sorry....got a little carried away....

    Where was it? Oregon? Where they had black ice a few weeks ago and to listen to the news reports it was as though they were ready to declare a State of Emergency. Black ice is just another common road hazard around here. (Yeah, yeah...more Midwestern weather-related superiority.)

    By Anonymous Starless, at Thu Feb 05, 11:29:00 am GMT-5  

  • Victoria,

    churros and hot chocolate!?!

    You are truly a cool Brit!

    By Blogger Ms Calabaza, at Thu Feb 05, 03:51:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.