.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Sunday, May 08, 2005

I'll Huff and I'll Puff

The best line of the California Gubernatorial race went to Arianna Huffington, who narrowly beat out Arnold Schwarzenegger's line about her -- "I could drive my Hummer through your tax loophole" -- with this tasty morsel:

"Vote for me. I have a better accent"

Ahh, politics. Some like me may hate it, but it's the best free circus out there.

So what does a girl do when she gets trounced by a cynical, hyper-populist Austrian (everyone can respond, except Leni Riefenstahl)?

Why, launch her own blog, naturellement!

In fact, The Huffington Post starts up Monday 9 May, and those of us who have been blogging for some time now, would like to extend a cordial hand of welcome to everyone's favourite right-wing nutter turned progressive-liberal harpy moonbat.

And having been taunted by Ahnuld was good practise for her blogosphere career, since of course, the spoof blogsites are already vibrating with comments...since like fellow female blogueras Wonkette, and Michelle Malkin, the Greek Buffoon doesn't allow commentaries on her blog.

But I do! I also am dying to be spoofed, so hop to it!

Do please try to find a better title for the spoof than The Puffington Host did, though. That's just lame.

Finally, ex-Mrs. Huff, you know you're in trouble when the best spoof blogsite is done by the Grauniad, such as their idea of what probable entries by your celeb-pals may look like:

I can't think of anything to say, posted by G Paltrow on Mon May 9 at 09:21 PDT

Arianna: its rlly uncool whn my cell rings during pilates. i said id post whn & if i had something to say. rt now im just too busy. stop bugging me.


comments 0 :: trackbacks 0 :: post a comment


  • There's a commentary-cum-mirror site up at this highly descriptive address:


    By Blogger JSU, at Tue May 10, 12:55:00 am GMT-4  

  • Wow. Did you see this guy's hit counter tally already? Over 1.3million served.

    I wonder what La Huffingtonia's numbers will be like...

    BTW, the guy also had this other blogspoof link.

    And though I know where he's coming from, I'm not too sure I liked his tagline of "inherited wealth".

    Ain't nothing wrong with a little money from mummy.

    Thanks for the link, JSU. ;)


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue May 10, 02:35:00 am GMT-4  

  • The 1.3mil is for the entire domain, which includes an actual blog that's been around for a while.

    Yesterday's hit total was only 6K.


    By Blogger JSU, at Tue May 10, 05:31:00 am GMT-4  

  • One who names one's blog "Sundries" has no business commenting on the lameness of other blogs' titles.

    By Blogger John, at Tue May 10, 10:15:00 am GMT-4  

  • John, John, one who purports to believe in free speech should acknowledge that anyone has the right to comment on the lameness of anything.

    By Blogger Tom, at Wed May 11, 01:23:00 am GMT-4  

  • Oh my dear John -- you sounded positively petulant just then!

    Especially about what amounts to a mere throw-away line.

    Were you to lurk (enthusiastically) on my blog, you'd know by now that "Sundries" is the most apposite of names for my blog -- covering the widest of swaths of topics known to man, and possibly, some animals.

    Even better, it has the secondary pun of referring to my love of triple-milled soap and other bath miscellanea (such as rubber duckies with crowns on them).

    And it doesn't get any better than soap, my friend!

    Except maybe nail files.


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Wed May 11, 07:32:00 am GMT-4  

  • Another parody site! This one's pretty funny (in a 'blogosphere in-jokes' way).

    (Via Allah.)

    By Blogger JSU, at Thu May 12, 02:23:00 pm GMT-4  

  • LOL!*

    That blogspoof is hilarious, JSU.

    But wait, what is Glenn Reynolds doing blogging for Arianna and not his main instasqueeze, Ann Althouse?? No wonder he hasn't linked to me again.


    Okay I feel better now.

    BTW, poor Martha Stewart. She hasn't half-aged in the Big House. Maybe she should get rejuvenating lessons from It's Pat, I mean! Al Franken.

    Thanks for the bloglovelink.


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Thu May 12, 07:26:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Yeah, today's posts were genius. It seems to be a consortium of some of the big-name humor bloggers.

    Funniest part -- Althouse actually likes it! Hee.

    By Blogger JSU, at Fri May 13, 02:23:00 am GMT-4  

  • Who are these big name humour bloggers? :)

    Man, I'm not as much in the blogosphere know, as I thought I was.

    BTW, Althouse didn't actually say anything about the posts teasing Glenn about his Ann Althouse mentions.

    I wanted more commentary, though it's good to know she can poke fun at herself. That's always the sign of a great character.

    BTW, did I ever tell you I'm rather longwinded and eccentric? :)


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat May 14, 01:56:00 pm GMT-4  

  • The now-sadly-diminished Allah, Jeff Goldstein, and others (some of whom aren't as prominent).

    I think the joke's already getting old, but maybe people are actually reading the other site.

    By Blogger JSU, at Tue May 17, 03:27:00 am GMT-4  

  • What? I wasn't invited to spoof Puffington? Bah. :-/

    And yes, the joke is getting very old. Then there's the old conundrum of giving her more airtime and notice than she deserves.

    I say, let's all ignore her, and maybe she'll go away...like Wonkette.


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun May 22, 09:34:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.