.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Best of Sundries

I've added a new Sidebar to the right, just above Blogged.

It was hard to leave out a few blogposts, such as:

- Soare Cu Dinti

The first real memoirs-like post as I slowly found my voice as a blogger. It was a harbinger for what is now my trademark on Sundries -- the nostalgia of my childhood.

- Everything You Wanted To Know About Blogosphere, But Were Too Busy Updating Your Blog To Ask

It was alright. You can tell it was my first serious effort on Sundries, and it drips with newbie earnestness and perhaps a little soapbox preachiness, which I normally loathe. That's why it didn't cut the mustard.

- Quintessentially

Too arch, although it's a sentimental fave.

...but at the end of the day, they were just good efforts.

The ones I selected feature the best representation of my blogger "voice" to date, at least in my own opinion.

See if you agree.


  • I read a lot of the Best of Sundries yesterday and think you should write a book! Nonfiction of course.

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Tue Sep 13, 08:28:00 am GMT-4  

  • I read a lot of the Best of Sundries yesterday and think you should write a book! Nonfiction of course.

    Pressure, what pressure? ;)

    Actually, that's a WONDERFUL thing for you to say, Jose. It makes my heart sing.

    But in total lack of modesty I have to say, I've been told that for years, and for whatever reason, I'm scared to.

    Maybe I don't think I can sustain the energy needed for one book (nonfiction indeed), because like my heroes Saki and Thomas Mann, my writing is at its finest in short bursts -- short stories.

    That's why when I once said to my friends that blogging for me is the perfect medium, I wasn't kidding.

    Still, I know I could write a book. I know there's at least one book inside me.

    The question has always been: when Vic, when?

    Veremos. :)


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Sep 13, 08:20:00 pm GMT-4  

  • You are already well on your way with all you have written about your interesting relatives and many family experiences! I find it very enjoyable reading.

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Wed Sep 14, 12:52:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.