.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Starbucks Oracle

In preparation for a blogpost on my love and addiction to coffee (work in progress), I was perusing a site about interpreting Friendster photos, when I came across this little gem.

The Oracle of Starbucks

Somehow, I didn't expect the Oracle to look so fierce, wigged out and angry -- kind of like Nancy Pelosi when she found out her daughter Alexandra found Bush sexy.



But then, I'm a sucker for those Oracle of Delphi rumours, which had it that this mystical woman looked a lot like Jennifer Beals.



Ack! I've angered the Oracle of Delphi now by calling her a fringe Hollywood has-been, and she won't tell me if that Nobel Prize for Literature (or Medicine, I'm easy) will ever me mine!

See if you can guess the type of Starbucks coffee girl I am, including size, before the answer is revealed in the prophecy below.

Hints:

My favourite colour is black, and please don't say that is an absence of colour, I know; I'm a missionary position type of gal, BUT with the lights on; I like Dwight Yoakham.

Think you know what I would order if you were to buy me a coffee, because you know I'd never actually fork out $4.75 on what amounts to a lot of over-roasted, dirty water?

Good.

Behold the Oracle's wisdom:

Personality type: Ass-clown

You tell people that you're an executive at your company. You think that your repeated references to being "addicted" to caffeine make you seem intriguing and dangerous. People think you're a sucker because you spend 60% of your annual income at Starbucks. Everyone who drinks venti caffe latte ends up addicted to crack.

Also drinks: Zima
Can also be found at: Karaoke bars


Aww man. I've never even had Zima too. Crack is great though.

10 Comments:

  • This post had me laughing out loud! You keep this great writing up and I will offer to take you to La Carreta for un cafecito cubano, 65 cents!

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Tue Sep 27, 08:55:00 am GMT-4  

  • This post had me laughing out loud! You keep this great writing up and I will offer to take you to La Carreta for un cafecito cubano, 65 cents!

    D00d! La Carretta is owned by Nicas now. Let's go to Denny's!

    Just kidding. Versailles, obviously. ;)

    P.S.: I told Renato only yesterday that a cafecito Cubano was 50 cents. Being Canadian, he didn't understand this complete lack of VAT surcharge, but he believed me anyway. He better.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Sep 27, 09:00:00 am GMT-4  

  • Versailles would be great too; maybe un cortadito con leche condensada!

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Tue Sep 27, 09:26:00 am GMT-4  

  • I missed that one about Pelosi's daughter! Most Excellent!

    By Blogger Ron, at Tue Sep 27, 03:07:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Versailles would be great too; maybe un cortadito con leche condensada!

    Me gusta cortaditos tambien! Un mas fuerte cafe con leche, que adoro.

    But what's up with the leche condensada?? Que sweet tooth, Jose! ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Sep 27, 03:57:00 pm GMT-4  

  • I missed that one about Pelosi's daughter! Most Excellent!

    Yes! That rocked.

    As you may know, Ron, Allie Pelosi, Nancy's little girl, is a documentary filmmaker.

    Her docu of George Bush's campaign, Journeys with George, appeared on HBO some years ago, and I was shocked.

    Ole Dubya was a little flirty with her!

    Later, she was asked what she thought of him, and I heard she said she thought he was 'kinda sexy'. Eek. ;)

    The Nancy reaction is pure speculation on my part, but a good one I think!

    Also -- curiously, he took the camera from her at one point, and she credited him with a cinematography listing!

    Check out his IMDB listing. ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Sep 27, 04:05:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Actually I have it with regular milk but many do order it with leche condensada. I save my sweet tooth for flan and arroz con leche!

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Wed Sep 28, 12:52:00 am GMT-4  

  • A Timmies medium is $1.20, GST & PST included which is quite pricey but people will still line up for 15 minutes to get their fix.

    Is a cafecito similar to the teardrop amount you get in an Italian espresso?

    By Blogger Renato, at Wed Sep 28, 08:40:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Actually I have it with regular milk but many do order it with leche condensada.

    Wow. :)

    I save my sweet tooth for flan and arroz con leche!

    Renato! Do you see? Cuban-Americans also have a taste for arroz con leche (rice pudding).

    I told him to try it once, and he got that awful American type, whose sugar content is through the roof.

    Now, I don't cook well, but I can make a really good British rice pudding.

    Who wants?

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Thu Sep 29, 01:23:00 am GMT-4  

  • A Timmies medium is $1.20, GST & PST included which is quite pricey but people will still line up for 15 minutes to get their fix.

    I can believe it. ;)

    I love Tim Horton coffee, I confess, since it's richer in taste but at the same time, less full-bodied in aroma than American "Maxwell House" coffee (spit).

    Is a cafecito similar to the teardrop amount you get in an Italian espresso?

    Exactly.

    In cafes here like Versailles or Latin American, or La Carreta, they give you this smidge of coffee in a tiny espresso cup and saucer (with a glass of water, of course).

    But if you go to a Hispanic home, chances are you will get this thimble-type plastic cup for cafecito.

    Mmm.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Thu Sep 29, 01:27:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.