.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Fabulous Life Of...Celebrity Bloggers!

Not...

As you know, I'm going to kick it on high gear this week, as we prepare for our guests' arrival in our home.

Ahh, this is the life.

Caviare. Champagne. Truffles. Pralines Bread Pudding.

So, I'm sure you know what I am doing now? That's right.

Laundry.

But don't be jealous just yet! I have a lot more of that fancy existence in store for me, later this week.

I've just submitted the estimate of what this little shindig will cost us, to my father, just as he went out to work today.

He looked at it, blanched, turned three shades of purple, and went out, harrumphing his approval.

So today, I start.

HONEY DO LIST

1- Search for ingredients for Sunday Dinner, including cheese and wine as suggested by Sundries readers

2- Order flowers, including white roses (my mother's favourite) and arum lillies (mine)

3- Change our curtains (already bought last year, but never put up)

4- Steam clean carpet

5- Have "Maid To Go" come to our place, and give everything a good going over on Friday


6- Call in the painters to do up the bathrooms and touch up the kitchen

7- Call my mother's decorator-chum from Spain, Rodrigo, to give a seal of approval for our décor

...amongst dozens of little details that I have been given to execute proficiently, economically, and with pizzazz.

On that note, I beg your indulgence today on the blog.

I will be back Wednesday, with a surprise travellogue, which I hope you all may enjoy!

You better.

4 Comments:

  • Oooo, this former South Floridian, now happily Okie can't wait. Will it be the Coconut Grove Arts Festival? A trip to the Venetian Pool? Another Muvico theatre?

    By Blogger Pete, at Tue Feb 21, 04:40:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Looks to me like you could make a very good living as a party planner! You should take comfort that if the medical profession keeps getting tougher, at least you have an enjoyable and profitable alternative!

    I think you could do a great Quinces!!!

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Tue Feb 21, 06:06:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Oooo, this former South Floridian, now happily Okie can't wait.

    I aim to please!

    Will it be the Coconut Grove Arts Festival?

    Ah. Didn't catch that again this year, although unlike the forthcoming Calle Ocho, I've actually been to THAT.

    You couldn't pay me to go to 8th Street during carnival.

    A trip to the Venetian Pool?

    Saving that for summer!

    Another Muvico theatre?

    Saving that for next month!

    ...all will be revealed, as soon as I jump out of the cake.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Wed Feb 22, 12:05:00 am GMT-5  

  • Looks to me like you could make a very good living as a party planner!

    Don't give me ideas! Ya estoy un poco wobbly sobre el retorno al Med School.

    You should take comfort that if the medical profession keeps getting tougher, at least you have an enjoyable and profitable alternative!

    Oh brother...

    I think you could do a great Quinces!!!

    Now THAT I could do.

    All I need is to hire a DJ, hire Vizcaya gardens for two hours, and a hall at Casablanca.

    Oh, and of course, the mega-boat platter of pastelitos, empanadas, y un kei del Brazo Fuerte!!

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Wed Feb 22, 12:09:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.