.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, March 05, 2007

Overheard At The Blockbuster

A friend told me about this, and I laughed for hours.

Near the Foreign Film section at his local Blockbusters, where he stood, one row back...





Macho-looking dude:

Last night, I was hanging out with all these girls who I thought were so hot and then this morning I was like, "Jesus H. Christ, what was I thinking?".

Effete-looking buddy next to him, wearing an extra tight white tee:

Yeah man.

You need to start focusing on something that never lets you down - like Ingmar Bergman.


As the advert says, Priceless.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • Thank goodness I'm channeling Fellini these days, not Bergman!

    http://fluffystuffin.blogspot.com/
    2007/03/remember-this-is-comedy.html

    Congrats on reaching 6 figures on Site Meter! I hope to be there someday...I'll probably need a linkback from Althouse!

    By Blogger Ron, at Mon Mar 05, 03:13:00 am GMT-5  

  • I also prefer the theatre of the absurd of Fellini, to the dour, soul-searching of Bergman.

    I guess I'm more Latin, at heart, than my bloodline suggests. ;)

    You will get there, my friend. Let's see what I can do for you, in the meantime. Nothing like an Althouse-lanche, but something is something. :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Mar 06, 03:17:00 am GMT-5  

  • In fairness to Bergman, though, he also generates passion, but passion of a different kind. I highly recommend Saraband, whose ending was one of the most emotional I've seen. It really got to both myself and my friend Camie.

    By Blogger Ron, at Tue Mar 06, 05:35:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.