Overheard At The Blockbuster
A friend told me about this, and I laughed for hours.
Near the Foreign Film section at his local Blockbusters, where he stood, one row back...

Macho-looking dude:
Last night, I was hanging out with all these girls who I thought were so hot and then this morning I was like, "Jesus H. Christ, what was I thinking?".
Effete-looking buddy next to him, wearing an extra tight white tee:
Yeah man.
You need to start focusing on something that never lets you down - like Ingmar Bergman.
As the advert says, Priceless.
Near the Foreign Film section at his local Blockbusters, where he stood, one row back...
Macho-looking dude:
Last night, I was hanging out with all these girls who I thought were so hot and then this morning I was like, "Jesus H. Christ, what was I thinking?".
Effete-looking buddy next to him, wearing an extra tight white tee:
Yeah man.
You need to start focusing on something that never lets you down - like Ingmar Bergman.
As the advert says, Priceless.
Labels: Cinema, South Florida Snapshot








3 Comments:
Thank goodness I'm channeling Fellini these days, not Bergman!
http://fluffystuffin.blogspot.com/
2007/03/remember-this-is-comedy.html
Congrats on reaching 6 figures on Site Meter! I hope to be there someday...I'll probably need a linkback from Althouse!
By
Ron, at Mon Mar 05, 03:13:00 am GMT-5
I also prefer the theatre of the absurd of Fellini, to the dour, soul-searching of Bergman.
I guess I'm more Latin, at heart, than my bloodline suggests. ;)
You will get there, my friend. Let's see what I can do for you, in the meantime. Nothing like an Althouse-lanche, but something is something. :)
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Tue Mar 06, 03:17:00 am GMT-5
In fairness to Bergman, though, he also generates passion, but passion of a different kind. I highly recommend Saraband, whose ending was one of the most emotional I've seen. It really got to both myself and my friend Camie.
By
Ron, at Tue Mar 06, 05:35:00 am GMT-5
Post a Comment
<< Home