.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Because It's Never Too Late

To start a blog like an 107-year old Aussie lady, just did.

"My name is Olive Riley. I live in Australia near Sydney. I was born in Broken Hill on Oct. 20th 1899.Broken Hill is a mining town, far away in the centre of Australia. My Friend, Mike, has arranged this blog for me. He is doing the typing and I am telling the stories."

Now, I know what you're thinking: What would she call her blog?

- "Better Really Really Late, Than Never"
- "At Least I'm Not Out There Driving"
- "Senior Moment"
- "Speak Up, Dearie"
- "Blogosphere Is Faster Than Even My Walker"


Well, no. Her blog name is:

All About To Live

Website is down, probably Instalanched already, bless her heart.

But I definitely encourage you to go over there, and give her a warm bloggerly embrace when you can.

If Jeff Bridges can have a blog, and a very Lebowski-looking blog it is, with his handscribbles and doodly buttons, then so can an 107-year old sweetheart.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • The blog is ok, but her Facebook page totally roolz! And I told her that on her Blackberry! She's been putting up pic of herself at that "...and you will know me by the trail of the dead" concert....

    By Blogger Ron, at Tue Feb 27, 05:12:00 am GMT-5  

  • A fun blog with some great pics. But the content makes me wonder if they are in Australia or in the US. I guess ours isn't the only assinine government out there.

    Thanks for introducing us.

    Ciao, Caroline

    By Blogger Caroline, at Tue Feb 27, 04:46:00 pm GMT-5  

  • The blog is ok, but her Facebook page totally roolz! And I told her that on her Blackberry! She's been putting up pic of herself at that "...and you will know me by the trail of the dead" concert....

    Ahh a deadhead. That explains her colourful dresses. ;)

    Actually, I think she is fantastic. Did you see that garden or row of something or another, she was tending?

    (Forgive me, I'm a city girl)

    It reminded me of my recent U-Pick-Strawberries, Homestead travellogue. :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Feb 27, 07:52:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Heh, Caroline, I re-read it and saw what you meant.

    But before you condemn the Aussie gov't, read Charles Krauthammer's seminal recent article, about the country and her rulers.

    It made a believer out of me.

    But then, despite the rugger and cricket, I always liked their bluff heartiness. ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Feb 27, 07:55:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.