.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, February 26, 2007

There Oughta Be A Law




Don't get me wrong.

I have nothing against mothers pushing their kiddies in their prams, very very slowly, as the light changes from red, to green -- WHILST talking on their cellphones.

But this is precisely the kind of act which would've provoked my old Rhodie college roommate, Scott, to say with serio-comic timing:

"There oughta be a law!!"

Which sometimes varied as, "There oughta be a muthafu****' law!", if he gauged the offence very reprehensible...

...like waiters shooing customers away from restaurants, by putting up chairs on top of tables in a desperate bid to get rid of them.

So for you Scotts out there, with your own levels of frustration at the random craziness in the world, this mutha is for you.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Victoria

    I googled "there oughta be a law" in blogs and found 2,422 hits. You just made me think that there oughta be a blog named There Oughta Be A Law...
    About cell phones and people who use them anywhere, anytime... Well, better not to start, or I won't stop...

    By Blogger Geraldo, at Tue Feb 27, 12:13:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Oi, tudo joia, Geraldo? :)

    That reminds me of a joke about the Portuguese in Brazil (which for those who don't know, are the "Polacks" equivalent of the US, no offence intended).

    I'll tell it later. ;)

    Anyway!

    I googled "there oughta be a law" in blogs and found 2,422 hits. You just made me think that there oughta be a blog named There Oughta Be A Law...

    That's a great blog name! If I ever register one, I would however, try something Sundries-related.

    So ya'll go ahead. :)

    About cell phones and people who use them anywhere, anytime... Well, better not to start, or I won't stop.

    Yeah, like in cinemas, like in theatres, like in restaurants...

    I HATE HATE when someone is on the phone, and talking to a cashier.

    How rude!

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Feb 27, 08:23:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Coconut Grove, huh?

    Come to Boca, where I watched kids actually suffer heat stroke in the SUV while Mom chatted outside Starbucks with friends :)

    That city is out of control. Cell phone abuses? Too many to remember. I lived there for 25 years (it's my hometown) and worked in 3 libraries. Imagine politely asking someone to please not use the phone in the library, and the resulting argument when the patron insists on asserting their "right" to use the phone at the library.

    I repeat, this was in a LIBRARY. Three libraries. It happened multiple times at each location.

    Thanks for the blog :)

    Cheers,
    Chris

    By Anonymous christopher - viva zappa!, at Sun May 18, 09:57:00 am GMT-4  

  • Interesting comment, Chris! Thanks for the info. :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun May 18, 03:58:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.