.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Ya Digg

You might have noticed that I have taken away my recent "Digg" add-on, before the week was out.

It just wasn't working with Blogger, since I believe I would have to switch to New Blogger's more updated templates which use JSON, to have it work properly (maybe, I'm not sure even then).

I have kept the Digg newsfeed to the right of my Sundries sidebar, though, just to keep abreast of the more popular stories out there, which sometimes escape my attention.

Like this story, about the poshest gas station in Los Angeles.

By the way. --

Since when do Americans drop the word "posh" just like that? It sounds affected when not followed by "petrol station".

And yes, I know, it's probably to do with Victoria Beckham's David now being an LA Galactico. Cool Britannia has hit Rodeo Drive.





Good. Better. Best.

There, finally, someone had the audacity to call a spade a spade, instead of "Regular. Premium. Super Premium", which sounds too PC for words.

Reminds me of that godawful, but still rather enjoyable film with Tom Arnold called "Soul Plane" -- a black-run airlines featuring different classes of seating available.

High Class, where the cool white people are at. Business Class, with flight attendant strippers. And of course, Low Class.

...with bus hang-straps and a profusion of do-rags.

You get what you pay for!

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • We-ell. If I know my industry logos right, then that is a British Petrol station, n'est-ce pas?
    Then it's only logical to call it posh. :-)

    By Blogger madcynic, at Sun Feb 25, 05:02:00 am GMT-5  

  • Good riddance, really...

    By Blogger JSU, at Sun Feb 25, 05:34:00 am GMT-5  

  • I kind of like that quirky gas station.
    Vics, you;ve got mail....

    By Blogger Charlie Bravo, at Sun Feb 25, 07:59:00 am GMT-5  

  • We-ell. If I know my industry logos right, then that is a British Petrol station, n'est-ce pas?

    It DOES seem to be a BP station, although, and this is interesting if it is the beginning of a trend -- no where in the station does it actually have the BP written out.

    Are we on the threshold of "less in better" in advertising?

    I doubt it.

    Then it's only logical to call it posh. :-)

    Logical. But still affected if you're an American.

    Well, I suppose it'll grow on me. Americans today drop the word "wank" like nobody's business.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Feb 25, 03:09:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Good riddance, really...

    I did notice the "liberal" bias, JSU, believe me. :)

    And I love how when a story doesn't suit, they digg it down to death and in fact, report certain stories for abuse; in effect, discrediting not on merit, but on world view.

    I have used that example a dozen times when talking about freedom of speech. ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Feb 25, 03:11:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I kind of like that quirky gas station.
    Vics, you;ve got mail....


    Thank you, Charlie! I am super busy today, but I shall reply first thing tomorrow. :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Feb 25, 03:12:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I always like the erroneous etymology for "posh." Port Outbound, Starboard Home." It's better than whatever the real etymology is.

    ...print the legend.

    By Blogger SippicanCottage, at Sun Feb 25, 04:17:00 pm GMT-5  

  • I always like the erroneous etymology for "posh." Port Outbound, Starboard Home." It's better than whatever the real etymology is.

    ...print the legend.


    Hmmm, I Googled just now, and it turns out that amongst the suggestions for the etymology of posh, is that it's of Romany origin!

    Excellent. I love learning something new everyday, Sippi.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Feb 26, 05:28:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.