Urbi Et Orbi
Best sight during the Easter Sunday telecast from the Vatican, as Pope Benny gave his Urbi et Orbi speech?
Why, this precious munchkin, of course!

Although I must say the Esperanto-poster-wielding crowd at the back were a hoot, too. Did you notice how the Pope smiled and waved at them, when he said his Easter greetings in Esperanto?
I thought the Aramaic crowd looked particularly vexed, though.
P.S.: In harder news, it turns out that the Pope MIGHT have been the lynchpin statement which forced President Mahmood Ahmedinejad to release our British military personnel from their illegal imprisonment in Iran.
Just a few hours before the President gave back the servicemen (and one rather portly, disgustingly overfriendly servicewoman), the Pope sent over a message saying that releasing them would be taken as a great sign of "goodwill", especially notable if was done before Easter Sunday.
And so it was done.
Who knows what the reason was, or what prompted the disgraceful behaviour of the released prisoners of war, to act as they did.
No one in Colditz would have behaved like that, that's for sure.
Why, this precious munchkin, of course!
Although I must say the Esperanto-poster-wielding crowd at the back were a hoot, too. Did you notice how the Pope smiled and waved at them, when he said his Easter greetings in Esperanto?
I thought the Aramaic crowd looked particularly vexed, though.
P.S.: In harder news, it turns out that the Pope MIGHT have been the lynchpin statement which forced President Mahmood Ahmedinejad to release our British military personnel from their illegal imprisonment in Iran.
Just a few hours before the President gave back the servicemen (and one rather portly, disgustingly overfriendly servicewoman), the Pope sent over a message saying that releasing them would be taken as a great sign of "goodwill", especially notable if was done before Easter Sunday.
And so it was done.
Who knows what the reason was, or what prompted the disgraceful behaviour of the released prisoners of war, to act as they did.
No one in Colditz would have behaved like that, that's for sure.
Labels: Pope Benedict XVI, Roman Catholicism








13 Comments:
She was "portly"? Better than "starboardly", eh?
By
Ruth Anne Adams, at Tue Apr 10, 11:00:00 pm GMT-4
Well, as port means left, and she was behaving as if she were a bit sinister...(I stopped counting the number of puns that makes).
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Tue Apr 10, 11:11:00 pm GMT-4
Now you're not lumping all of us lefties in with the wretched Ms. Turney, I hope...
By
JSU, at Tue Apr 10, 11:38:00 pm GMT-4
Now you're not lumping all of us lefties in with the wretched Ms. Turney, I hope...
Whaddayamean lefty???
Ohhh, you're a southpaw? I was too, at birth, but it was trained out of me.
If you mean some other kind of lefty, then I'm confuzzled.
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Wed Apr 11, 03:24:00 am GMT-4
"Ohhh, you're a southpaw?"
Of course. I bet you still kick lefty.
By
JSU, at Wed Apr 11, 03:42:00 am GMT-4
I do EVERYTHING lefty, still.
I swing lefty, kick lefty, and favour my left side when sleeping.
By the way, which side of the bed do we like to sleep on, O readers of Sundries?
Me, the right side of the bed.
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Wed Apr 11, 03:51:00 am GMT-4
By the way, which side of the bed do we like to sleep on, O readers of Sundries?
I sleep slap bang in the middle of my incredibly comfy double bed.
By
Kullrad, at Wed Apr 11, 05:30:00 am GMT-4
I swing lefty, kick lefty, and favour my left side when sleeping.
Do you chew lefty too? Although I'm told chewing is unrelated to handedness. ;-)
By
madcynic, at Wed Apr 11, 08:23:00 am GMT-4
I fear the spirit of the prisoners of Colditz is sleeping. I hope the British manage to awaken it soon!
By
benning, at Wed Apr 11, 06:50:00 pm GMT-4
Oh, and I am like kullrad: I sleep right in the middle.
By
benning, at Wed Apr 11, 06:51:00 pm GMT-4
I sleep slap bang in the middle of my incredibly comfy double bed.
I have a King-sized california bed, myself. :)
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Thu Apr 12, 02:26:00 am GMT-4
Do you chew lefty too? Although I'm told chewing is unrelated to handedness. ;-)
Hmmm, no I favour my right side when chewing now that I recall.
Interesting. :)
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Thu Apr 12, 02:27:00 am GMT-4
I fear the spirit of the prisoners of Colditz is sleeping. I hope the British manage to awaken it soon!
Oh, it's there...it's just that we're not as voluble as Americans, because it makes us feel shy. ;)
Cheers,
Victoria
By
vbspurs, at Thu Apr 12, 02:27:00 am GMT-4
Post a Comment
<< Home