.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Gwen Ifill Backstabs Palin

"She blew me off I think is the technical term"

On the off-chance Gwen Ifill should ever read this, here is what I have to say to her.

Mrs. Ifill, you have a serious conflict of interest in publishing a book which heralds a new dawn in black politics, which you named for the man currently running for President. It is set to debut on Inauguration Day, and will fall extremely flat if said candidate doesn't win. You failed to divulge this to the debate Committee and moreover, to the participants of the debate you were moderating.

That is already TWO breeches of good faith as a journalist, and today on Meet the Press, you added yet a third by your barely concealed distaste for Sarah Palin, and her debate responses to you (as if the debate had been directly aimed to you, and not to the American people).

When she came over twice to shake your hand, to ask how you were feeling, and to present her family to you in a spirit of good will (showing a gracious forbearance towards you, since she is the injured party in this, not you), you should've told her your reservations straight off, instead of smiling at her -- fully intending on backstabbing her the next time you felt you were amongst your elite journalist pals.

Shame on you. You're nothing but a shill and a corrupt one at that.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • If this is true does it change your preconceived notions?

    Even if it's only 0.00001% of a change? That is, you can still be certain that he's evil, or against America, or a Marxist, or whatever it is you think, but your opinion of him will be 0.000001% better, still leaving plenty of room for disapproving of him.

    By Blogger 1jpb, at Sun Oct 05, 07:25:00 pm GMT-4  

  • 1jpb, I appreciate more than I can say your kind thoughts towards my father the other day, but please do not mistake my gratitude for acceptance. I've asked to please stay away from this blog.

    I hope you will respect my wishes. Thanks.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Oct 05, 08:42:00 pm GMT-4  

  • OK.

    At Althouse you said that you had no recollection of banning me. So, I mistakenly thought that was an open door.

    Sorry.

    P.S.
    I'm holding to my commitment in the comment you referenced.

    By Blogger 1jpb, at Sun Oct 05, 08:48:00 pm GMT-4  

  • I'm not a person to hold any personal animus towards anyone, 1jpb. I didn't recall who you were then, but I do believe I recall now. My blog is really not a combative zone. And the atmosphere is totally unlike Althouse's, who rarely deletes commentaries.

    I am a tougher lady.

    But I find it fatiguing to do so here, because I don't do so for what the person says, but the fact that they are constantly sniping and negative (or in some cases, they're trolls).

    And to use a Boomerism, that's not my scene.

    Best of luck to you, nevertheless, and I'll catch around over there.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Oct 05, 08:57:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.