.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Saturday, November 15, 2008

It's In The Eyes

Yesterday, I wrote this about encountering Governor Bobby Jindal:

To my astonishment, as I sat near the bar, about 20 feet away, almost as if he were in a cubicle, there was I do believe Governor Bobby Jindal. He is much younger-looking than you can imagine. He looks like he's a college freshman, and actually, in profile looked bizarrely similar to a young JFK.

Now, how can this be, you may wonder.

One was captured for all time as a handsome Irishman with a broad face, a full mop of reddish-brown hair and an even ruddier complexion. The other is a 37 year-old Indian with the vague look of an accountant to him, with dark hair and darker eyes.

But there was something haunting me about the resemblence. In searching for photographs to uphold my theory to you, I think I pounced on two which illustrate my point.

Ready? Here we go. First, Governor Jindal.



Secondly, a youthful Representative John F. Kennedy.



You know, I think I got it.

It's in the hooded eyes, whose sloping curves give each man a hang-dog look. It's also in the jawline, which in Jindal's case hasn't filled out; it's in the jut of the chin, and secondarily of all, but still noticeably, it's in the set of the ears.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Good gravy, that looks more like Alfred E. Newmann than JFK! That pic of Jindahl reminds me of Ray Romano!

    By Blogger Ron, at Sat Nov 15, 03:59:00 am GMT-5  

  • Wow...Victoria, there is some resemblance....and...if I could find a photo of my father as a younger man, he was often likened to JFK.

    I remember JFK's funeral as a youngster. I was 5 years old at the time (a mere kindergartner). While my father was a staunch Republican....it's gotta be in the blood (ask Ruth), I recall that he cried at JFK's funeral. The old B&W Zenith TV showed the processional and I recall it as if it were yesterday. Dad respected the office, although he has some wild stories about the Kennedy family and he always had his nose in a book about them. Mom's house still has all of them...as well as a Goldwater button or two or three. *grin*

    Just waxing nostaligic here.....hope all is well in sunny FL.

    Peggy :)

    By Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt, at Sat Nov 15, 02:33:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.