.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Tim Pawlenty And Me

The Republican Governors' Association meetup at the Intercontinental Hotel is in full swing, and I already gawped at Governor Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota being interviewed by a news entity.

Governor Bobby Jindal is inside, and I do believe, Governor Palin has arrived as well. I cannot imagine that she will be sticking to the schedule of Late Night Parties at the Havana Club and the Delano tomorrow, but I'll be around either way.

I don't have a professional camera, so I am playing it cool with the photograph-taking on the first day. The last thing I want is to be removed as a curiosity-seeker, or worse, a German tourist.

I'm going back, after a brief break.

UPDATE: I am watching Governor Palin with Wolf Blitzer, on the Situation Room. She is indeed inside the Intercontinental Hotel -- I can tell from the foliage background and the City of Miami police blue/white cruisers, especially when the second camera pans to Blitzer.

ADDED: I am sure that the Governor will be inside WSVN studios, the local CNN affiliate (oddly enough, they are a Fox channel), for the Larry King interview at 9 PM. I had forgotten about this, in posting about the Havana Club after-party, unless she swings by after schmoozing with addlepated Larry.

Labels: ,


  • Go, Vic, Go!!!

    By Blogger Ron, at Wed Nov 12, 04:46:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Did they ask Pawlenty about the Senate election?

    I'm a Democrat, but I don't want to see Democrats steal an election any more than I like seeing Republicans steal elections.

    I wrote a post here yesterday on election integrity in which I wrote in part,

    I don't think that 'equal and opposite hyperpartisanship' is the check we really need. How is it any better when you get screwed out of your vote if someone else who belongs to the other party is simultaneously getting screwed out of their vote in another jurisdiction? Two wrongs are two wrongs, and they will never make a right.

    If there is one thing that everyone should have an interest in it is election integrity, and I hope they did ask Pawlenty about what is going on up there.

    Ironic word verification for a post on election integrity:

    chash. Forget the 'c' and you have what local partisan politics does to American democracy.

    By Blogger Eli Blake, at Wed Nov 12, 04:54:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Actually a better link here (second current post down) because CH's sidebar gives current numbers in the Minnesota Senate race.

    By Blogger Eli Blake, at Wed Nov 12, 04:59:00 pm GMT-5  

  • And who wouldn't need a drink after an hour with Larry King? Staring into his wrinkled face makes me want to dip my eyeballs in kerosene and clean them with a wire-brush.

    Joe Biden, you will look like Larry in ten years. Enjoy it.

    Tell the Palin crew to meet us at Billy's on 125th in North Miami about midnight. I'll buy the first round. The rest of the so-called Republicans are not invited.

    By Blogger dr kill, at Wed Nov 12, 06:06:00 pm GMT-5  

  • No, in ten years Joe Biden's eyes will be on the top of his head, nestled amongst the plugs, and his brow will be as smooth as a maiden's inner thighs.

    By Blogger Bekah, at Wed Nov 12, 07:25:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Vic, you're killing tonight!.. being removed as a "German tourist" - HAHAHA! "addlepated" pretty good too!

    Eli - I agree with all of your comment - except the part about the irony of your word verification: chash-- My take is not to forget the "c," but rather Forget the first "h" and you have what won the election for Obama!

    By Blogger Laurie, at Wed Nov 12, 10:49:00 pm GMT-5  

  • The last thing I want is to be removed as a curiosity-seeker, or worse, a German tourist.

    I was once kicked out of a youth hostel in England along with three German friends. Our offense had nothing to do with nationality, and everything to do with the misuse of alcohol. We called that trip a "Blurlaub."

    How's the Palin meet-up going?

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Wed Nov 12, 11:07:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.