Etching Barack
It took an Ohio etch-a-sketch "artist" 30 hours to complete this impressive portrait of the 44th President. What do you think? Should he have added anything or one?

I just missed the whole etch-a-sketch phenomenon, but I recall my cousins had one in their closet. Right next to the Battleship and Game of Life.

I just missed the whole etch-a-sketch phenomenon, but I recall my cousins had one in their closet. Right next to the Battleship and Game of Life.
Labels: Craps-n-Giggles, The Presidency, Toys








10 Comments:
The old lounge lizard line was, "Come up to my place and I'll show you my etchings..."
Who could've known it meant etch-a-sketchings?
By
Ruth Anne Adams, at Tue Jan 27, 09:00:00 am GMT-5
I don't know, I think that putting hours of hard work into something that will disappear at the first hint of an earthquake...or worse, if you bump into something while you're moving it, tilt it up or to the right or anything, is kind of a waste of time. The "artist" is probably living off welfare.
Having been raised on Etch-a-sketch and only mastering making squares I AM impressed with the whole shading thing. THAT'S talent!
By
Lildonbro, at Tue Jan 27, 11:52:00 am GMT-5
That probably should be Oprah sitting on her couch up there instead of Lincoln...
By
knox, at Tue Jan 27, 12:31:00 pm GMT-5
The "artist" is probably living off welfare.
and how come you're posting in the middle of the day when most ppl are working.
By
Anonymous, at Tue Jan 27, 08:07:00 pm GMT-5
and how come you're posting in the middle of the day when most ppl are working.
Keep this kind of exchange with your fellow commenters out of this blog.
Disagree, yes. But never disrespect.
By
vbspurs, at Tue Jan 27, 09:25:00 pm GMT-5
Heh. Lounge lizards. I may write up a blogpost on this wonderful Eurotrash lounge lizard I knew once. ;)
@Knox: LOL! Oprah should definitely be there somehwere.
Incidentally, I really think that is a good likeness of the Prez. That takes "skill", well of a sorts.
By
vbspurs, at Tue Jan 27, 09:27:00 pm GMT-5
For my favorite Sarahphile. New today.
By
Ruth Anne Adams, at Tue Jan 27, 10:41:00 pm GMT-5
Sometimes the etch-a-sketch can be cheated by using a magnet-pen.
(At least, there was another toy that worked on the same principle and it used magnet markers/pens.)
By
Anonymous, at Wed Jan 28, 03:59:00 am GMT-5
Yes, it's nasty when a total stranger makes an assumption about you.
By
Anonymous, at Wed Jan 28, 04:33:00 am GMT-5
Looks like a fake photo to me. Since there is no way to "pick up the pen" with an etch a sketch. Notice how the letters on the Great Seal of the USA are completely seperate from each other and everything else.
By
Anonymous, at Wed Jan 28, 09:03:00 am GMT-5
Post a Comment
<< Home