.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Whopper Droppers

In what is perhaps the daftest ad campaign since Absolut reclaimed California for Mexico, Facebook and Burger King are hooking up and their angle is simple:

Think you have too many Facebook chums? Well, drop 10 of them, and get a free whopper! It's called the Whopper Sacrifice.

The kicker is that those ten so-called friends of yours will all be notified about their being dumped by you, and the reason why (they value a meal more than you) -- with the whole of your mutual friends knowing about it too, if you have the announcement setting on Facebook configured that way.



I'm on Facebook somewhere (I created an account some years ago, and never again logged on), but I know my cousins in the UK are absolutely addicted to this site. I can imagine their consternation when they find out they've been dropped by others for a flaming patty.

Forget Whopper Virgins. These are whopping losers.

P.S.: I like BK more than Mickey Ds, but I wouldn't drop a friend for a burger. Now, for a limited time only McDonald's Rib Sandwich, yes. You're history.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • P.S.: I like BK more than Mickey Ds, but I wouldn't drop a friend for a burger.

    Maybe you've heard of the best burger chain in the world, in business since 1948, but not available outside CA, NV, and AZ. I think even Zachary Paul Sire would agree that there's nothing like good ol' In 'n' Out.

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Tue Jan 13, 01:16:00 am GMT-5  

  • In'n'Out?? Oh, the possibilities. My tongue burns in its haste.

    (Seriously, this chain could never come to the UK. It would be the instant butt of jokes, and butts)

    Incidentally, we don't have Carl Jrs. down here in SoFla. How is it?

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Jan 13, 11:01:00 am GMT-5  

  • And I suspect that you do not have Culver's Butterburgers like we do in Wisconsin. It's a local franchise that has expanded. Their biggest claim to fame aside from the Butterburgers (and they only butter the bun), is great custard.

    Yummmmmmm.....

    So are you a Facebook addict??

    Peggy :)

    By Blogger Peggy Gero DaValt, at Tue Jan 13, 12:26:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Seriously, this chain could never come to the UK.
    We'll keep them right here thanks. And Carl Jrs. is a close second.

    @Peggy: I too have found memories of Culvers, especially the one in Sauk City. Also, the "A&W" in Mazomanie (gone), and the "Dog 'n' Suds" on the west side of Madison (long gone).

    By Blogger chickenlittle, at Tue Jan 13, 01:22:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Carl's Jrs. should be almost exactly like Hardee's, given that the former merged its chain with the latter. I always thought Carl's Jrs.'s hamburgers tasted similar to BK's, but with less char.

    By Anonymous alcibiades, at Tue Jan 13, 08:12:00 pm GMT-5  

  • "Maybe you've heard of the best burger chain in the world, in business since 1948, but not available outside CA, NV, and AZ. I think even Zachary Paul Sire would agree that there's nothing like good ol' In 'n' Out."

    I don't do hamburgers from fast food places (it's nothing that happened I'm just weird) but In 'n' Out is excellent! One of the only places I enjoy hamburgers!

    Sadly I'm in VA and can only get them when I go to CA. So for an In 'n' Out burger I might give up 10 friends.

    By Blogger Lildonbro, at Wed Jan 14, 03:49:00 pm GMT-5  

  • So far I have deleted 10 "friends" off my Facebook as an experiment but I discovered that they are still around somehow! And I don't think they received any notification that I have deleted them as well. But anyway BK has decided to end this campaign...

    By Anonymous Wendy, at Sun Jan 18, 10:04:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.