.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

70 Year-Old Is Top Dog

Stump just proved a 70-year old can be Top Dog in 2009. Hear that, John McCain?



And proving I'm not the only one who injects politics into everything, Blogs.com (which linked to Peggy's Westminster cheatsheet) references last year's superstar doggie:

"'Last year's Best in Show was a beagle, Uno. Gothamist reports, "Uno's owner Caroline Dowell donated $20,000 in promotional proceeds for canine health research; she told Bloomberg News, 'Uno and I decided what to do with the money. He agreed with my recommendation that the money should benefit dogs.' She also implied perhaps why she didn't visit the White House last May: 'There is a sign at my ranch that says, 'Uno supports Obama-Biden.'"

Arf. I mean, barf.

This reminds me of Mary Carillo and her tight-waisted co-host constantly mentioning Obama and family, using this event to bring his name up about their future dog choice.

Meanwhile, not even a mention about the most famous Scottie to occupy the Oval Office since Fala -- Barney (and Mrs. Beazley). They had a perfect opportunity tonight, given that a Scottie was in contention. Meh. You can't win with these people.

Related

Westminster Dog Show Cheatsheet Via Peggy

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

  • Hmmmm, I'd put money on Uno supporting crotch-sniffing more than Obama-Biden. And that Carillo character--every time she opens her mouth I want to through something at the television. The political partisanship in color commentary doesn't help alleviate that impulse.

    By Anonymous Starless, at Wed Feb 11, 08:16:00 am GMT-5  

  • This reminds me of Mary Carillo and her tight-waisted co-host constantly mentioning Obama and family, using this event to bring his name up about their future dog choice.

    barf, indeed. I'm glad I didn't watch it.

    By Blogger knox, at Wed Feb 11, 08:19:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.