Eins Benedetto! Zwei Benedetto!
Only a German Pope could begin a visit to his homeland with a Teutonic crowd-control countdown.
I'll be blogging about it in depth later Friday, since I am watching the recording I made today of EWTN's full-day coverage (to my surprise, none of the news cable stations covered the story live -- giving preference to the dramatic scenes in Israel today; understandable, if disappointing for people like me).
Meanwhile, here are two photos which captured some of the delightfully accident-prone spirit of the day.
I don't think I've ever seen Pope Benedict smile such a wide smile, he being a very retiring, even fragile man, than I did today.
Come on.
Gerald Ford (or Chevy Chase) couldn't get pics like that taken of them.
It augurs well for plummetting Saturday Night Live Nielsen ratings, I think.

This may be why the UK teen glossy magazine, Bravo!, which usually gives away posters of Britney Spears and pop-tarts like that, had such a favourable response, when they included a Pope Benedict XVI poster in their foldout edition.
I can't wait to put mine next to my poster of Theo Fleury and John Travolta shooting up in Pulp Fiction.
More later.
I'll be blogging about it in depth later Friday, since I am watching the recording I made today of EWTN's full-day coverage (to my surprise, none of the news cable stations covered the story live -- giving preference to the dramatic scenes in Israel today; understandable, if disappointing for people like me).
Meanwhile, here are two photos which captured some of the delightfully accident-prone spirit of the day.I don't think I've ever seen Pope Benedict smile such a wide smile, he being a very retiring, even fragile man, than I did today.
Come on.
Gerald Ford (or Chevy Chase) couldn't get pics like that taken of them.
It augurs well for plummetting Saturday Night Live Nielsen ratings, I think.

This may be why the UK teen glossy magazine, Bravo!, which usually gives away posters of Britney Spears and pop-tarts like that, had such a favourable response, when they included a Pope Benedict XVI poster in their foldout edition.
I can't wait to put mine next to my poster of Theo Fleury and John Travolta shooting up in Pulp Fiction.
More later.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home