.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Incredibile!

All along South Florida, still lots of parts of it without power.

Today, I went to pick up some water and ice at the National Guard's free handing out of them at the Metro Zoo -- not only for myself and my parents, but for an elderly lady who is bed-ridden at a friend's condo in Coral Gables. She has no one in the world to care for her, and...

...this reminds me that family is the most important thing in the world, next to health.

Without family, or health, you have nothing.

P.S.: During the height of the storm, just before we lost power, I made a recording of the hurricane's brutally eerie train-whistle sound. I will upload it when I get normalised.

This you gotta hear.

2 Comments:

  • Good to hear you and your Ma & Pa are all OK, Vic.

    Perhaps you could do a podcast thingy and throw in that hurricane sound.

    BTW, what's with the word verification thingy?

    By Blogger Kullrad, at Sun Aug 28, 04:14:00 am GMT-4  

  • Thank you, Kully. You're so sweet to say that. :)

    Podcasting is not beyond my capabilities, albeit I am not sure of the techieness involved. I will definitely try it though.

    Meanwhile, click on Monday's link if you haven't already. It's a Geocities site, so it might be down after the 3rd d/l'er...

    And as you noticed, Verification is now set to on (you can change it for your blog too, in your Dashboard settings) since I had a few spammers come to the site recently.

    Spam, spam, spam LOVELY spam lovely spam...not.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Aug 28, 09:10:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.