.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Thursday, August 25, 2005

The Perfect Storm

It seems we are to spend this Friday dodging and weaving from the path of soon-to-be Hurricane Katrina, so if I disappear for a few days, fear not -- I just lost power, and hopefully nothing else.

By now, after 7 years of cohabiting with seasonal hurricanes, I'm an old hand, and I certainly don't lose my head.

But you know, one does take precautions, so with that in mind, I went to my local 'market and picked up the essentials:

1- Water
2- Non-perishable items and tins (the only time I ever buy Vienna Sausages, WTF)
3- Bleach (to disinfect the bathtub, since one fills it up with water to drink)
4- Sterno
5- Batteries
6- Fill the tank with petrol
7- Get loads of ready cash from the ATM
8- Put up the hurricane shutters

Torches I have by the dozen. After that, you just settle into a comfy seat, tune into Don Noe, and wait.

Here's looking at you kids.

2 Comments:

  • Victoria,

    You.ve got to get the sequence right! It's 1) bleach etc. then 3) water!
    I dunno; if you haven't got it right by now, what's the chances later on!
    I blame it all on the support for football, and being eloquent in more than three languages!

    By Anonymous Mike Cunningham, at Thu Aug 25, 08:23:00 am GMT-4  

  • 1930's blonde bimbo starlet:

    "Hey Mac, whaddaya think, I'm dumb or som'un!"

    Actually, bleach can be very yummy. I believe the Greeks drink it neat and call it "retsina". :)

    Thanks for the compliment! *smooch*

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Thu Aug 25, 01:38:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.