.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Monday, October 10, 2005

Anna Wintour Gets Hers

Anna Wintour, the much-feared US Vogue editor-in-chief, was in Paris over the weekend, reviewing Fashionweek Summer 2006 held there every October.

Just as she was standing around in the Jardin de Tuileries, awaiting the Chloé fashion show to begin this Saturday, she was suddenly approached by a PETA anti-fur demonstrator.

Next scene, Anna Wintour with tartelette de tofu all over her, totally spoiling her Charlie and The Chocolate Factory look.



Gosh, my heart bleeds, Anna.

See, I once had the misfortune of meeting her here in South Florida for an Oscar de La Renta do in Palm Beach about 6 or so years ago.

She had the same off-hand, snobby, condescending attitude to people she felt were either inferior, or less glamourous than her immediate milieu, as Tina Brown is said to exude.

That they are both my fellow countrywomen, plying their awful trades in this country which doesn't agree with them, and of whose populace they make fun of for being "fatties" (which I can confirm, since Wintour said that within my EARSHOT), is loathsome to me.

When asked why they shoved tofu tart in Anna Wintour's mug, the PETA protester said that because she doesn't accept anti-fur ads in Vogue, she is complicit in supporting cruelty to animals.

I couldn't agree more, and in a striking show of solidarity, I will put on my grannie's mink coat, Nana Mouskouri glasses, and scowl a lot.

You could also stand to lose a couple of pounds, you fatties. You know who you are.

UPDATE: What should I find when looking for links to this story, but the first self-styled Gay Blog in Blogosphere, coyly named Queerty. I only go Margaret Cho on you once in a while, but I thought a site which features lesbo cops and calls Britney Spears and Kevin Federline "the white trash couple of the century", might amuse.

6 Comments:

  • Finally. I know someone with a mink coat. I will scowl on your grannie's coat too especially since PETA took great concern over animals after Katrina and Rita. I will donate a pint of blood to throw on it too, should you desire.
    My, you run in high circles! I wish Anna could learn to love us peasants more - but, then again, why?
    And the fatties remark only applies depending on which scale I use, otherwise I am a hard body.
    Totally good article.

    By Blogger Paul, at Mon Oct 10, 10:58:00 am GMT-4  

  • Finally. I know someone with a mink coat.

    With access to a fur coat, more precisely!

    Although it is true, it'll be mine one day -- and may that day never come, but of course, not because of the fur coat's import...

    I will scowl on your grannie's coat too especially since PETA took great concern over animals after Katrina and Rita.

    So were PetCo.

    And they were less officious about it too. :)

    I will donate a pint of blood to throw on it too, should you desire.

    Why Paul, this is so sudden.

    My, you run in high circles!

    Oh totally.

    Spying on Dutch princesses in supermarket carparks, and hobnobbing with Anna Wintour in the Breakers loo -- very café society, my life.

    I should write a book mebbe!

    I wish Anna could learn to love us peasants more - but, then again, why?
    And the fatties remark only applies depending on which scale I use, otherwise I am a hard body.
    Totally good article.


    Don't forget these sentiments when I mention my Leni Riefenstahl autograph in an upcoming post. Plenty of Nazi cult of the body, fatties remarks there.

    I warned youse, Paul.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Oct 10, 01:17:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Many good causes often suffer because of the extreme actions taken by their supporters. Proponents of animal rights, environmental causes, gay rights, etc through their fanatical actions often turn off "average people" that would otherwise support them.

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Mon Oct 10, 07:59:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Although it is true, it'll be mine one day -- and may that day never come, but of course, not because of the fur coat's import...

    Oops. May the young lady live her 50 more alloted years. I thought we we're scowling at the coat, not from the coat. My PETA remark was with great sarcasm since they took no concern over the animals, not that I know about. I do not like them.

    So were PetCo.

    come to think of it, you're right.

    Spying on Dutch princesses in supermarket carparks, and hobnobbing with Anna Wintour in the Breakers loo -- very café society, my life.

    At least you don't have to read about it in The Star, assuming one would do such a thing.

    Don't forget these sentiments when I mention my Leni Riefenstahl autograph in an upcoming post. Plenty of Nazi cult of the body, fatties remarks there.

    I'll remember, did you meet her at a book signing? Did she really do anything more than hollywood does now? Only in reverse.

    I warned youse, Paul.

    I'll be a waitin', Victoria.

    By Blogger Paul, at Mon Oct 10, 10:56:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Many good causes often suffer because of the extreme actions taken by their supporters. Proponents of animal rights, environmental causes, gay rights, etc through their fanatical actions often turn off "average people" that would otherwise support them.

    Wow, estas demasiado serio estos dia, Jose! Que pasa? :)

    Besos,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Oct 11, 11:17:00 pm GMT-4  

  • I'll remember, did you meet her at a book signing? Did she really do anything more than hollywood does now? Only in reverse.

    Well they serve their own ridiculous interests, but not monsters.

    I'll give them that...

    As for the how, you'll just have to wait for the post! ;)

    But no, I never met her in person. I think she was mostly reclusive the last few years of her life, although she lived to be a robust 100-year-old (plus).

    I just wrote her a letter once...and to astonishment, I got a quick reply.

    Mas, mas tarde!

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Oct 11, 11:20:00 pm GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.