.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Thank you, Renato!

Thank you for your invaluable help in blogging in my stead this week, after Hurricane Wilma!

I never thought I could miss blogging so much, but I truly have. I was even desperate enough to go on public transport to the University, before I got my internet early early Sunday morning.

In the past two days, when we haven't had petrol enough to be able to move around, I have devoured 8 books at one go, cover-to-cover.

2 days - 8 books.

That's my personal best.

But it shows you how much cabin fever I must have today, so much so, that I will be going to volunteer at the Red Cross shelter in North Miami Beach (having found a Mobil station, and filled the tank).

I figure if I have to do something outside today, at least let me help others at the same go, right?

Thanks again, Ren!

6 Comments:

  • Great to have you back blogging Victoria; and yes thanks to Renato for helping us diehard Sundries fans while you recovered from Wilma!

    Eight books in two days is incredible!!! Did some of them have a lot of pictures?

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Sun Oct 30, 04:01:00 pm GMT-5  

  • You are some kind of wizard, not human, meant in a good way, how can a human accomplish so much.....and one so little.

    By Blogger Paul, at Sun Oct 30, 07:43:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Great to have you back blogging Victoria; and yes thanks to Renato for helping us diehard Sundries fans while you recovered from Wilma!

    Thank you, Jose! Just after posting that, I got busy again, since I had to do a million things.

    Today is my real day back.

    Do you know, I even set the alarm to wake up at 8:45 AM, because I thought the Prez would announce his SCOTUS nominee promptly at 9.

    But nothing so far. I'm guessing either at:

    - Noon or 1 AM
    - 8 or 9 PM like with Roberts

    We'll see! Ready to blog about it, the moment I see the announcement.

    (I purposely didn't post anything for Monday at midnight because of that)

    Eight books in two days is incredible!!! Did some of them have a lot of pictures?

    They averaged 300 pages too!

    One book, I wish I hadn't read, too, Jose.

    It's about a Cuban-American guy who once played for the Fins, and was a Hollywood character actor, like his friend "Steven Bauer" (Rocky):

    Victor Rivas-Rivers.

    The book is called A Private Family Matter.

    Brutal.

    And I've never even heard of any Cuban man beating his wife either...

    Ah well. I'll post the other books in an update. ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Oct 31, 09:03:00 am GMT-5  

  • CORRECTION! President appointed Alito!

    I have to get on that. :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Oct 31, 09:04:00 am GMT-5  

  • You are some kind of wizard, not human, meant in a good way, how can a human accomplish so much.....and one so little.

    Thank you, so much, Paul!

    But I have no hubby (yet) and no kids (yet).

    You'd be surprised what an organised person can do with the time that gives you. :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Mon Oct 31, 09:06:00 am GMT-5  

  • You're welcome Vicky! Blogging is a lot harder than it looks, I wil gladly stay behind the scenes.:)

    It's good to have you back, keep on blogging in the free world!

    By Blogger Renato, at Mon Oct 31, 08:42:00 pm GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.