.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

...a sweatshop of moxie

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Super Bowl Extra Large

I've already stated my Super Bowl allegiances this coming Sunday, but today I found out about one further soul who will be cheering on the Pittsburg Pirates (I know, I'm kidding).

Secretary of State Condoleeza Rice, has gone on the record saying she wants the blue-collar lads of steeltown to win, woohoo!

And where I heard that from, was on CNN's show with Darin Kagan...who likewise is rooting on the Steelers, FYI.

Of course, the Seattle Seahawks could care less about all this, since the Jerramy Stevens-Joey Porter argie-bargie is going on just fine without Condi butting in, thankyouverymuch.

Makes a change from the Terrell Owens speculation, will-he-or-won't-he, we had last year.


P.S. TO A CERTAIN SOMEONE: I give up, you win. Today, I bought Heinz Ketchup, you know the one -- the upside down bottle, which is actually rather a clever invention. Ugh, I'm helping to pay for Teresa Heinz Kerry's next Land Rover. I need a shower.


  • What????????? What happened to Hunts??? Why Victoria, why???

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Thu Feb 02, 01:42:00 am GMT-5  

  • What????????? What happened to Hunts??? Why Victoria, why???

    I hang my head in shame, Jose. :(

    But dammit, no hay nada mejor que un Customer Reward Card sale en Winn-Dixie!!

    (Although I bought it at Publix, go figure)


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Thu Feb 02, 01:57:00 am GMT-5  

  • No comment on the Heinz (other than linking HJ Heinz Company's PDF on the subject.

    If you are looking for positive portents for Steeler fans check out the results from EA Sports simulation of the game. They have highlights and everything, plus a few pictures here.

    Why play the game? Oh right, need something between the commercials.

    (I'm going to DVR-Blog the highlights from the commercials late Sunday/early Monday)

    By Blogger XWL, at Thu Feb 02, 03:07:00 am GMT-5  

  • I hate composing a post, chasing down links, and then forgetting what I really wanted to post about in the first place.

    Coincidental that Sec. Rice favors the team from the swing state (one that she could win and could have a black Republican, former Steeler hall of fame wide receiver, as Governor) over the team from the more solidly liberal state?

    Funny how many of the things she says and does just happen to be the smarter choice for someone who was contemplating a presidential candidacy in '08.

    By Blogger XWL, at Thu Feb 02, 03:15:00 am GMT-5  

  • Look at it this way: if the Steelers lose, you get to coat a 'certain someone' in ketchup!

    If they win...well, party on, Garth!

    By Blogger Ron, at Thu Feb 02, 08:35:00 am GMT-5  

  • Doesn't it feel good to walk on the wild side, now and then? Ooohhh, baby! Buy another bottle!
    You are becoming a true Pennsylvanian; understanding that we ceded everything East of the Mighty Susquehanna River to New Joysie many years ago. Good riddance it was to those liberal louts, too.
    Sorry for an extended absence, I was attending an extended religious ceremony, the culmination of which was sticking pins into little Seahawk dolls on the 50 yard line of Ford Stadium. Good sportsmanship be damned now that Seattle has fired the first shot, cast the first stone, insulted an entire civilisation (note the "s", it's for you).
    Now, if we could, there would just be a massive duel between the two cities across the Missouri River. Vince Lombardi would've loved it! The last person standing gets that curious crystal football of an award.

    You know, you're coming along. I'm beginning to see us, on a moonlit night, perhaps overlooking Three Rivers Stadium, near the Mt. Washington Incline, sharing a bottle of Heinz ketchup while the Steelers Polka drifts through the air. Can life get any more romantic? More tasty? Well, how could it!
    Now, where are my Learn Passable Portuguese in 30 Minutes CD's???

    By Blogger Paul, at Thu Feb 02, 10:48:00 am GMT-5  

  • Raised in the wilds of Eastern PA, near Philly, I loathe the Steelers! I rooted for the Seahawks when they had Jim Zorn!
    Go, Seahawks!

    Sorry, but I have to!

    Go, Rice!

    By Blogger benning, at Thu Feb 02, 02:39:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Victoria:
    Let me acquaint you with "W" Ketchup. I bought a case of it during the 2004 election. It is wonderfully good [better than the "H" brand] and no Democrats were helped with its sale.


    By Blogger Ruth Anne Adams, at Fri Feb 03, 04:29:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Sorry if I didn't respond as I wanted to, guys.

    Even now, I'm not feeling chipper enough to pal around and make jokes.

    But tomorrow is another day! And I'll be the same Vicky, laughing with you, all over again.


    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Feb 04, 03:32:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.