.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Friday, March 17, 2006

Whoa...

One of my earliest blogposts was about a book I had been reading at the time, which was called "Found".

In it, were photos and stories of hundreds of items found by people, all over the world -- in streets, in cars, on the pavements, floating around everywhere.

I loved it, because I myself love finding and sharing items I pounce upon!

But unlike my Rolex-finding mother (she has actually found two -- one gold, which after 31 days in the police station, became hers, can you beat that?!), I have rarely found anything very costly.

I am, however, the queen of the findo-bizarro.

But this, brother, this below takes the biscuit.

I was in the Kendall-South Miami area yesterday, when I found this object lying near a dumpster in a supermarket.

It looked like a small ring case, which sent my heart a-fluttering.

Could it be that I finally bested my mother in the jewelry-finding stakes??

I rushed to my car, looked around to see if anyone was watching, and opened it.

Oh. My. God.





You can see for yourself what was inside, but wait...as Ron Popeil says, there's more.

Pinned to the cushion was this note in Spanish, translated below for you in English.

"Por ser un niño bien dotado encontré este detalle y pense en ti...espero que lo desfrutes con (name of woman deleted).

Saludos-Besos (name of sender deleted)."


(Being so well-hung as you are, when I found this item, I thought of you. I hope you enjoy using it with XXX.

Hugs and Kisses, XXX.")


My first thought, apart from WTF, obviously, was what prompted such a hissy fit note, and gesture?

The funny thing of it is, the handwriting is that of an educated Latin American MAN, not a woman, since this is usually the kind of thing a woman might do, not a man.

How do I know this?

No, it's not the name of the sender, since it is a strange name, not easily discernible if male or female.

Let's just say it's a hunch, and leave it at that.

I have the box here, before me, as I type. I'm just looking at it, wondering what I should do with it.

Do I chuck it...or do I keep it, and send it on to those "Found" book folk?

Whatever I do, just once, JUST ONCE, God, I'd like to find an item I can actually USE...jimminy cricket!

P.S.: Jose, Robert, Val -- I hope none of you fine caballeros have anything to do with this.

12 Comments:

  • Whatever I do, just once, JUST ONCE, God, I'd like to find an item I can actually USE...jimminy cricket!

    Well, who is to say? some day you may have need of that find!

    Ummm...ahhh...put down the frying pan, please?

    By Blogger I R A Darth Aggie, at Fri Mar 17, 08:28:00 am GMT-5  

  • No Victoria, I had nothing to do with that! However, from reading your post, I don't understand why you describe it as a hissy fit. Why can't it be a nice thoughtful gesture from one buddy to another?

    By Blogger Jose Aguirre, at Fri Mar 17, 09:44:00 am GMT-5  

  • This could be a Cinderella moment...ewww:) Better stop right there!

    I agree with Jose, it could very well be a gag gift from a female friend. or a male friend, you know what thy say, friends that shower together stay together.:)

    By Blogger Renato, at Fri Mar 17, 10:53:00 am GMT-5  

  • Not guilty, your honor.

    I tend to agree with Renato...it appears to be some kind of prank.

    Victoria, you sure find the strangest things! ;)

    By Blogger Robert, at Fri Mar 17, 05:04:00 pm GMT-5  

  • P.S.: Jose, Robert, Val -- I hope none of you fine caballeros have anything to do with this.

    are you implying I'm not well hung???

    :P

    By Anonymous Jorge, at Fri Mar 17, 06:24:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Relax, Jorge. She did not even consider me! *sigh*

    Makes perfect sense, mind you, but, sheesh!

    By Blogger benning, at Fri Mar 17, 09:38:00 pm GMT-5  

  • Well, who is to say? some day you may have need of that find!

    Oh, now.

    The only Magnum I will need, is a Veuve Cliquot bottle. ;)

    Ummm...ahhh...put down the frying pan, please?

    It's not a frying pan! It's a rolling pin.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Mar 21, 04:44:00 am GMT-5  

  • No Victoria, I had nothing to do with that!

    You suuuuuuure?? ;)

    However, from reading your post, I don't understand why you describe it as a hissy fit. Why can't it be a nice thoughtful gesture from one buddy to another?

    As I said, there are some things I deleted to protect the guilty.

    First, was that on top of the box was written in blue ink, "Para XXX", with the name of a man written on top.

    Then, the note is somewhat punchy, in that way men have when the other has stolen the girlfriend of the first.

    Of course, you could be right, but we'll never know, unless I put an ad in Craigslist Miami. ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Mar 21, 04:47:00 am GMT-5  

  • This could be a Cinderella moment...ewww:) Better stop right there!

    Erm...Cinderella Man? ;)

    I agree with Jose, it could very well be a gag gift from a female friend. or a male friend, you know what thy say, friends that shower together stay together.:)

    Gag gift...maybe.

    But it did seem rather touchy to me.

    Let's put it this way:

    Even with a buddy, would you do this?

    Buy a magnum XL condom pack, take your mum's Macy's ring box, write out a very neat message about your buddy being "well-hung", and leave it where he could find it, which he then just threw away?

    Come on, now! :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Mar 21, 04:50:00 am GMT-5  

  • are you implying I'm not well hung???

    :P


    Nevah! Who are you, again? ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Mar 21, 04:51:00 am GMT-5  

  • Not guilty, your honor.

    I tend to agree with Renato...it appears to be some kind of prank.


    I hope so.

    Victoria, you sure find the strangest things! ;)

    Si! I wonder what next.

    A set of ginzu knives in the Versailles parking lot?

    Addressed to Barbarita, of course.

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Mar 21, 04:52:00 am GMT-5  

  • Relax, Jorge. She did not even consider me! *sigh*

    Makes perfect sense, mind you, but, sheesh!


    Nah. I just didn't think Mrs. Benning would like my mentioning your dotado-ness. ;)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Tue Mar 21, 04:53:00 am GMT-5  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.