.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Sundries
...a sweatshop of moxie

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Fun With Real Audio (And Winamp Too)

Don't think that I have given up on my Sundries.

I haven't. But things are...hairy.

Other than profuse, heartfelt apologies, and many bashful stares at my feet in embarrassment, however, there is nothing that I can add to that statement.

Just bear with me. I promise I will be more diligent in my blogging duties, in short order.

In the meantime, you'll be happy to know that I am having a blast with my new Dell computer.

Mama mia, I went from a Ford Pinto to a Maserati, just like that!

One of my favourite little proggies which I now enjoy on Windows XP (I had previously had the realiable but old-fashioned Windows 2k Pro), is the whole Media Centre suite, which includes the fun add-on of

Windows Dancer

In case you don't know of this add-on, it's a little moving icon which actually boogies as you play your songs on your media player of choice.

I've downloaded most of them, but I confess, my two favourites are below.



Meet Chanel. She likes long walks on the beach, bubblebaths and Andre 3000.

A bit like me, only with a heckuva lot more rhythm.




But this is the piece-de-resistance dancer.

Yep, your average American white guy, doing the mashed potato, after having quaffed a bowlfull of the stuff.

If you ever feel down, say after hearing they've solved Poincare's Conjecture, just when you were THIS close to solving it, just download these little extensions and watch lively pint-sized creatures cut the rug on your monitor.

A smile was raised, and thereto, my spirits.

10 Comments:

  • It's a just a pleasant gift to have you back Victoria! Welcome home, as it were...

    By Blogger Ron, at Sat Sep 02, 04:37:00 pm GMT-4  

  • It's a just a pleasant gift to have you back Victoria! Welcome home, as it were...

    Oh Ron, you don't know how much I miss you and all the other friends/readers I have made here, through blogging.

    I had even toyed recently, with opening an IRC channel, where we could chat real-time.

    But I have this sneaking suspicion, based on my already limited time, and bad mindset for writing at the moment, that once I started going to IRC to chat with youse, I would possibly stop blogging.

    I mean, once you've said something in person, it kinda makes no sense to repeat it all over again on Sundries.

    You know?

    So, since I love this blog, for now you'll have to bear with me a little, Ron.

    I'll be more off than on, but when on, I'm all yours. :)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sat Sep 02, 08:04:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Perhaps an IRC channel could be used for a discussion with those you like/trust and would not want to have with the general blogging public.

    Be that as it may, you're a sweetie Victoria, and I hope you can get through these tough times you're having. You certainly have my love and support and I suspect that of many people who come to visit...

    We'll be fine; do what you need to do!

    By Blogger Ron, at Sat Sep 02, 10:58:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Off more than on? Oh, Dear! How about equal time? You write. I'll read. Whenever.

    By Anonymous Darrell, at Sat Sep 02, 11:53:00 pm GMT-4  

  • It's a fortunate day to come here and see a post by you, no matter how rare it can be done. Your apologies show that terrifically high class but so unnecessary.

    Problem with all those dancers and I have downloaded others too, is that they won't dance in time to any of my music - so it's either me or them. To paraphrase The Go-Go's, I Got The Beat, the tiny people do not.

    By Anonymous Paul, at Sun Sep 03, 06:07:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Perhaps an IRC channel could be used for a discussion with those you like/trust and would not want to have with the general blogging public.

    I'll keep it in the background of my mind. Who knows -- maybe one day we may need it for whatever reason.

    Be that as it may, you're a sweetie Victoria, and I hope you can get through these tough times you're having. You certainly have my love and support and I suspect that of many people who come to visit...

    I can feel a lot of affection here, from many people.

    Whatever else blogging has given me intellectually, I am eternally grateful for the warmth of camarederie with perfect strangers.

    Recently, I read a line about the USA -- it said that the "penalty" for living here, is loneliness.

    You're only lonely, if you have nothing to offer.

    Bloggers offer a lot.

    We'll be fine; do what you need to do!

    Thanks, Ron. :)

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Sep 03, 07:59:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Off more than on? Oh, Dear! How about equal time? You write. I'll read. Whenever.

    Thanks, Darryl!

    Just keep checking. It'll be like a bonbon box of surprises. ;)

    (Run Ferris, Run!)

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Sep 03, 08:00:00 pm GMT-4  

  • Problem with all those dancers and I have downloaded others too, is that they won't dance in time to any of my music - so it's either me or them. To paraphrase The Go-Go's, I Got The Beat, the tiny people do not.

    I'd pay big bucks to see a white guy from PA get down to George Clinton and the Parliament Funkadelic.

    Your disco ball or mine?

    Cheers,
    Victoria

    By Blogger vbspurs, at Sun Sep 03, 08:01:00 pm GMT-4  

  • What... IS that green head thing?

    By Blogger JSU, at Tue Sep 05, 02:29:00 am GMT-4  

  • George Clinton lives around my town. When a friend of mine (and Georges), who ran into some financial problems where he might lose his house, HIS friends held a fundraiser for him with a concert.

    So it was...

    bad local band
    bad local band
    so-so local band and
    George Clinton and Parliment Funkadelic...

    Good Show!

    By Blogger Ron, at Tue Sep 05, 10:41:00 am GMT-4  

Post a Comment

Who linked Here:

Create a Link

<< Home


 




Advertise on blogs
British Expat Blog Directory.